ideas on a good PDA for $250 or so?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DefconRock, Jan 5, 2005.

1. DefconRock

DefconRock Frack

any ideas?

2. gReen

gReen New Member

rgbwiegughuwhgihguigphreggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg im being murdered

3. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Ah, the ASUS MyPal a620 is probably around the price now. If your lucky you can find a a620BT (the blue tooth version) for 275-325.

And in my opinion these are some of the best PDA's out. I've not played with alot of PDA's but I liked the look/feel of the ASUS ones. If you have ANY questions at all, I can answer them for you. About the MyPal's that is.

4. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

just an idea but maybe look into a smart phone? all the major carriers have very capable smart phones that can do just about anything a pda can. that way you wont have to lug around your cell and a pda :dunno:

5. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

'just about' are the keywords. They are conveniently missing all the useful things you want in a pda --- like a big touchscreen with stylus. Don't bother with smartphones or PDA phones if you're only willing to spend 250$.

6. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

i dont know what smart phones you are looking at but there are MANY that have touchscreens w/ stylus :ugh:

7. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

ipaqs should be around 250, i got my ipaq h2215 for 270 because it was a floor model, so far its been working great, I've had it a little over 6 months and i can use it to type up school assignments (i use a targus foldable keyboard) whenever i'm away from home, also, a lot of programs and add-ons are compatible with it because its so popular, the windows media player that comes with it it pretty good too, with a 1gb sd card or compactflash i can hold all the songs i want and a couple videos too
    it also comes with this cool little program called nevo that allows it to control tv, radios, microwaves, anything that can be controlled using IR, its pretty cool to be able to walk into anywhere and just make random electronics go insane

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005