TAT ideas for the new tattoo and a couple of ?s

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by pigeon, Feb 25, 2007.

1. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i've been thinking about getting a new tattoo for probably close to two years but i just couldn't pick a spot or a tattoo....
    i talked to a friend of mine who recommends an artist close to my house, so i'm thinking about calling them up to get an appointment this weekend...
    i've got some things coming up for me that i'd really like to commemorate with a bit of ink

i've been wanting to do a lotus but i wasn't sure where... i am thinking the back of my neck. my b/f suggested wrist but i think that won't be enough room to give the detail and color i'd like. i'd also like it to be somewhere visible but i'm not sure about the wrists thing yet.

i'm thinking 3"x4"....
    and i'm looking at a studio called "creative designs" here in richmond va

i don't really have any lotus flowers pulled together to show the artist, but i would hope we could come up with something together if i dont' have anything

what do you guys think about the idea ~ the tattoo, the placement, suggestions, whatever...
    especially anything about the artist. i've seen some hindi work he's done that's fucking incredible in its detail.....

i guess i ought to google images too, but i figured i would ask here too.

:o

2. Mr.Bojangles

Mr.Bojangles New Member

I'm in chesapeake, va and i would say Blue horse shoe tattoo if you want a little drive.

3. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

hm. i've seen teh work this one artist has done, and i'm impressed - i used to get tattooed at illustrated man in harrisburg pa which had some really good artists...
    now i'm just wondering if i'm ready to make the commitment of a tattoo on my neck :noes:

4. joy division

joy division New Member

I'm sure posting about it on here will help you get that commitment.

Go for it.

5. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i've found a few pictures that i'm considering - can i post them here to get an idea of which will best translate to ink? (i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post pics....) i'm in the process of getting the contact information for the artist... now i just have to decide which lotus to use.

6. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i thought i read it somewhere :rofl: and i figured i'd ask first:o

i didn't google lotus tattoo but i googled lotus flower and this is what i found:

[​IMG]

i actually found a handful but this one is the one that i think works best for what i want

these are some of the others i was looking at:

2)[​IMG]

3)[​IMG]

4)[​IMG]

i know it's ultimately between me and the artist...
    but i'm wanting something with a lot of color

7. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

[​IMG]

something like this without all the stuff around it

8. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Well..for location, that is really up to you. I mean..the side of the stomach, shoulder blade, etc. That is kinda where I would get it done. Some place kinda hidden and to the side. It makes it a little personal but that is my own preference. You can basically get it anywhere you want.

The main thing is to do research on your artist. And remember that this is your tattoo. The artist will, of course, help you with the looks and placement too (and you should listen to them too since they know more about this stuff than you do). But just remember to research it :)

9. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

update: i talked to the artist ~ we chose this photo to work with
    [​IMG]
    he's going to make it smaller and add some lines to help define it. i looked through his artwork while i waited, and it's awesome. he was cool about making sure he knew what i wanted, and shared his artistic opinion without overwhelming me at all - like, well, here's our options, how do you want to go?

i want it to be visible because of its meaning.

10. Mr.Bojangles

Mr.Bojangles New Member

very cool, can't wait to see pics.

11. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

thats a good one to go with, i like it :bigthumb:

and whats its meaning, if you dont mind me asking?

12. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

no, not a fan of the ribcage idea. and i want it to be really bright ~ the whole thing.

houseling ~ i am a survivor of multiple partner rapes ~ there is a saying about the lotus "the lotus grows in the mud - the deeper the mud, the more beautiful the lotus" - there is all kinds of stuff about the lotus that makes it a beautiful symbol of surviving.

13. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

So did you decide on location yet?

14. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i'm pretty sure i'm going to do the back of my neck. i want it to be pretty visible - that's also the reason i'm hesitant though, because i don't have any visible tattoos. but my artist thinks it'll look great back there, so we'll see what happens.
    i'll definitely have pics monday night.

15. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Why are you hesitant tho? Because you want to keep it hidden because of work or whatever? :dunno:

16. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

yeah... it's the most visible tattoo i'll have - work.... they won't care, and i don't plan on a career where i'll have to care.... but it's the idea.

17. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

tomorrow night :noes: i'm a little nervous - i could use some bodymods encouragement.

18. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

No Pain No Gain!

you'll have a lot of fun.

19. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i'm sure i will.... i just haven't gotten a lot of encouragement from the "non-inked" community regarding the placement of the tattoo and that makes me nervous. (meh, pain - that's part of the process :) )

20. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

forgot those non inked communities...they know nothing :rofl:

the only thing stopping me from getting another on my back is that I dont know what I really want :o

21. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

:rofl: they're telling me that my hesitation is a sign not to do it. :noes: the thing is, i think it's going to look awesome, but i'm hesitant looking at the photo of that dude that was posted - #6 ~ i'm not a dude and i look nothing like that... but i am really nervous and i don't know why

22. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

If you did your homework on the artist and you told him/her everything you like (you want it colored, want to keep it colorful and feminine) then you shouldnt have to be worried about anything. Just remember to let them know what you want and its also trust in your artist (but if you did your homework, you shouldnt have any problems with the trust)

Just remember to take pictures of it when you are done with it after tmw :)

Besides...the hesitation is probably the fact that you know its going to be a little pain :rofl:

23. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i trust him. i showed him the pictures and i love his work, and after speaking with him i trust him to do great work. i'm sure it's going to look awesome. i just feel like i'm stepping beyond the "everyone has a tattoo on her ankle/lower back/etc" into an actual serious piece of work. and i'm just not sure how society will view that.... but the meaning behind it is why i want it to be visible. so i'm torn.

and yeah, it's going to hurt. alot. oh well. :rofl: it's just the fact that once it's there.... i'm sure he'll start and i'll be fine - because once it's started, there's no turning back. and i'm 99% positive but i work and live in a conservative community so the doubts have been creeping in. :o

24. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

i love the phrase 'only god can judge me'...NO ONE CAN JUDGE YOU. and if they do who cares, they're the insecure fucks.

25. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

you know what, that's the best fucking thing i've heard since i mentioned another tattoo. :love: