Ideas for a big living room?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Suazo, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Suazo

Suazo New Member

Hello,

I just moved in to this new apartment and it has this huge living room. I'm posting pictures but is hard to capture the entire living room but you might get a good idea.

On one wall we have a fireplace and the opposite wall are three huge windows facing Los Angeles. So we do not want to put a couch blocking the windows.

We we're thinking of dividing the living room in two, one part of course the sofa facing the wall with the exit door. So now we have all this room behind the sofa we were thinking of making it a lounge/bar kind of area with small rug, small coffee table chairs and a bar.

Here are crappy phone pics:

this one is taken from the outside of the apartment. The chimney is right in the middle. So if you come in the couch will be facing you. The photo shows no space but theres actually a lot of space as we just put the tv stand and a rug (after taking this photos).

[​IMG]

this is taken from the hallway which is the part where I need help in furnishing..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. n1ck54

n1ck54 New Member

just block the windows, if you dont it will be an awkward living room

3. philvia

philvia SUCKIN ON MY TITTIES LIKE YOU WANTIN ME CALLIN ME

i love the windows.

i would have two couches facing each other, perpendicular to the fireplace and windows. table between. rug. etc etc. TV's are always the most awkward, but if you must have one, maybe it can go above the fireplace. although that looks pretty high in the pics.

4. level99

level99 Guest

get an area rug thats for sure

5. micks

micks the snausage wallet OT Supporter

don't put the tv above the fireplace even if it's functional or not, the tv should be at a comfortable height, yet you don't want it to compete with the fireplace.. both of them are focal points so put the tv next to it.

couch could go against the windows.

6. Bruised Lee

Bruised Lee John Kune Do, puncher of faces

don't block the windows. two smallish couches facing each other (neither facing fireplace), area rug, an accent chair or two, nice coffee table between couches, big book case or shelving unit in the back. fit a tv in if it makes sense, otherwise ditch a tv :shrug:

or one couch facing free wall (the one with door pictured) with fire place to right side, tv and shelving unit on free wall, two small accent chairs facing couch with coffee table between.

7. Suazo

Suazo New Member

thanks for all the replies

yeah we are doing something like this. We already have an area rug, tv and tv stand. We ordered a couch but not delivered until later this month.

You know where to look for cool accent chairs at decent prices?

We're going to the Rosebowl flea market to look for a cool vintage coffee table.

8. micks

micks the snausage wallet OT Supporter

What is a decent price for you? Cool accent chairs sell for around 150-200 at Target online.