idea of overtraining a body part?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by quamen, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quamen

quamen New Member

Two brothers who go to my gym on a regular basis, have very huge shoulders. The heads are all clearly defined, but it looks very odd. There shoulders are so developed compared to everything else, it actually looks like they don't even work out. I began talking to them one day, and we got talking about what we did for work. They told me they did overhead brick layering. Basically picking a brick off the ground while in the bottom of the foundation lifting it up overhead and placing it on top. They said a few hundred bricks per day, everyday 6-7 days a week. So i related this to almost a overhead press/shoulder press. Why would their sholders get so massively developed from doing this repetitive movement so many hours/days per week?

2. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

seriously?

3. .::Rotten Apple::.

.::Rotten Apple::. OT Supporter

troll free zone

4. deznutz

deznutz New Member

5. HalfPastGone

HalfPastGone OT Supporter

because it's so strenuous on their calf muscles that it makes their shoulders huge.

6. ThunderLips

ThunderLips New Member

fuck you.

7. quamen

quamen New Member

completely serious I actually wish i had a pic, guess that is the only way i could back this up.

8. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

:ugh:

9. ralyks

ralyks New Member

You mad dumb son.

10. you don't deserve these kinds of replies . I knew a construction worker who had to do this rowing motion all day and his forearms were like the size of a pro bodybuilder's forearms. I guess it just goes to show that no matter what, if you train a muscle hard enough it's going to grow.

11. quamen

quamen New Member

i kinda figured i would get these type of replies anyways, but also figured i would get an intelligent one to. I just wish i had a pic to back it up, because it is the craziest thing i have seen in person when you compare his shoulders to the rest of his normal looking body. I know we read alot saying don't train a muscle to often to hard, because that causes it not to grow, but i still cant understand why so much stress everyday would continue to build this type of growth.

12. I guess your body is just forced to adapt . Sort of like how you can train your body to wake up at a certain time or become more comfortable with less sleep.

13. The Method

The Method Lurker In Progress

for the same reason that hippie rock climbers have massive forearms man

14. Ep

Ep Guest

I guess it's just the constant strain on the muscles but not as concentrated as the gym. In the gym you are literally destroying your muscle in an hour where as a brick layer does it over the course of hours and hours and days and days.

And yes, rock climbing has given me nice forearms :) (although I'm not a hippie. and the women at the rock climbing gyms are generally cute, smart and GREAT bodies. just a tip)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.