TAT Idea for new tattoo v. opinions/criticisms

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NorthernSouthern, Mar 4, 2008.

1. NorthernSouthern

NorthernSouthern New Member

Well I have decided to get another tattoo (my third). I'd like y'alls opinions or criticisms. After searching for a piece of art I really liked, I've settled on this (I know the picture is tiny, but the website hosting the image is down and I can't get a larger version.) :

[​IMG]
    "Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem" written beneath meaning "Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even."

I have researched the shop that is going to do the work (http://www.thetattooclinic.com/) but have yet to arrange a consultation cause I wanted to hear from yall first. The piece will be on my upper arm, from bicep to shoulder, a sorta 1/4 sleeve. The ocean will wrap around the arm (possibly/hopefully in full color). I know there will be some problems with the white surf so any suggestions on how to go about this would be great.

2. NorthernSouthern

NorthernSouthern New Member

no love? I understand the picture is tiny, but I was hoping from some input or advise when it comes to color tattoos and shading. I guess I'll just wait to show yall the finished product.

One more question: are there any readily available computer programs than can vector images, so I can create a simple black and white outline of my picture?

3. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

The picture first off is way too small, as you mentioned...

Secondly, no one here is going to do the work for you and additionally, since you're clearly not an artist you shouldn't be expected to do the work either.

Go find a good shop/artist and tell them what you want/what you're thinking and they should be able to make it work, or tell you to scrap the idea.

4. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

My favorite thing about tattoos is the differant style of art that artist do. You can give the exact same photo to 2 differant artist and get 2 differant sketches. Being said, give it to your artist before us. Most people here have no idea what they're talking about. Just do it, then ask our opinion if you really need it ;)

I want to say adobe illustrator will vector images, but I am really not too sure about it.

5. Memor

Memor Active Member

:werd: