I'd really like to not mess this one up

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, Sep 11, 2007.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

So there is this girl in my bio class that I sit next to. She's cute and pretty friendly and I developed an interest in her pretty quickly. I actually thought she was single because she'd never mentioned her boyfriend before. Today I asked her how her weekend was and she said something along the lines of "Oh it was just great. I broke up with my asshole boyfriend. I hope I never see him again".. something like that.

Anyways, we've got a test coming up next monday so me, her, and this other girl in the class (who I have no interest in, but is moderately intelligent, friendly, and works with the two of us during class) agreed that we should all get together to study sometimes. The girl that I'm interested in suggested that we meet at her house Saturday morning, so that's the plan for now. I got her number and that's about where things stand right now.

I'm not really sure how to handle the situation because I still don't know her too well and she just broke up with her boyfriend. Do I try and contact her before Saturday outside class (I'll see her Wednesday and Friday) or just keep things somewhat platonic and see how things go.

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

what is your objective?

3. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Well I don't know the girl well enough to say for sure but I can see myself having a relationship with her. Usually the kind of girl you just mess around with for a night isn't someone you want to sit by for the rest of the year in a class :p

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I wouldn't make your move just yet.

If she just broke up with him you putting the moves on her could result in 2 negative instances:

1) She sees you as a creep for trying to take advantage of her rebound situation

2) Chances are good she still might get back together with this guy

I would just go on the study date and play it cool. Be nice to her, maybe do some subtle innocent flirting but nothing too excessive. After a couple weeks or by the time the next exam comes around THEN you can assess the situation better and hopefully the time will be right for you to make your move.

I just think it is too soon now and that might blow your chances if you make a move now.

5. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

6. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Cool I was sorta thinkin the same thing. I think I'll see how saturday and next week goes and if all is well at the end of next week or the one after I'll ask her to go out.

7. TacoOverlord

TacoOverlord OT Supporter

I'm in a very similar situation; but I have no clue if she's single or not, and I don't want to ask directly. Hopefully it just comes up in conversation like it did for you :hs:

8. keysmachine

keysmachine New Member

I just have to ask, when you interact with her she's NEVER mentioned another guy? Also is it pleasant and engaging? Just wondering before I give my two cents

9. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

go in for the rebound ! haha, just be subtle. also, its easy to get friendzoned right now

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. She mentioned breaking up with her boyfriend because she wanted you to know she is single now.
    2. Do NOT contact her before the meeting Saturday. You already said you'll see her tomorrow and Friday.
    3. Play it very casual. If Saturday goes well (the conversation is decent even with the other chick there) I'd say invite her to hang out alone with you that night or some night soon.

11. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

damn its so hard to resist lol. She's mentioned guys before in conversation but only referred to them as friends and had never mentioned her boyfriend before breaking up. So far the past 2 nights she's posted some thing on myspace pertaining to breaking up and/or being cheated on. I don't think I have to worry about her getting back together with her ex any time soon -- just gonna play it by ear and hope that I don't move too slow so someone else comes in or too fast so that I'm pushing things along. I'll see her tomorrow morning in class and see how things go.