ID Max V3 box?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pinktri2, Feb 20, 2003.

1. pinktri2

pinktri2 New Member

Just got my ID MAX V3 D4 12 inch sub installed. Powered by a Hifonics Zeus Gen XI. Everything sounds awesome but was wondering why Image changed the specs on their enclosure size. If I remember correctly my previous box was about 1.5 cubic feet and now they're recommending bigger? Well I went ahead and listened to my installers and made me a new ported box. I think it's still around 1.5 cubic feet, definitely under 2 feet. Does anyone know why the changes were made? there's definitely more bass now that it's ported but I think there's less cone control if I'm not mistaken. If anyone know's the best setup for this sub please let me know. ported vs. sealed Thanks

2. 04

04 Guest

Read my audio reproduction lesson about car subwoofers. It covers this.

Basically there no less cone control, and at the port's tuning frequency, the cone control is better, there isnt as much excursion, and the farther a driver excurrs, the less linear it gets....

As for sound quality, ported or sealed both have excellent sound quality IF DESIGNED CORRECTLY!

In the car, sealed USUALLY offers the flattest frequency response, but you can get the ported to sound really accurate too.

3. pinktri2

pinktri2 New Member

thanks for the reply, I read the sticky but it didn't explain to me why Image changed the specs on their sub's enclosure. From my understanding, the difference from V2 to V3 isn't much. So does anyone know why changes to the enclosure were made?

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i had my v2 in a larger box as recomened by a few peopel so when the v3 came out with the updated specs it fit right in

5. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

:homesubs:

:big grin: