WEB I'd like to know if this is possible

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by busydoingnothing, Oct 17, 2007.

1. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

I've only done minimal web design before, and back then, it was all HTML. I'm a huge computer nerd and have a decent grasp of coding (I could probably handle PHP), but before I dive in, I'd like to know if what I want to accomplish is even possible.

I want to create a template for Wordpress which pretty much resembles a notebook (not a laptop notebook, a real notebook). The blog will basically be an open notebook in the middle of the page. The text will be aligned properly with the lines on the page (which means the font will likely have to be fixed). If the body of the text is too much for a single page, it will have forward and backward arrows at the bottom, along with page numbers to allow for navigation. The other pages (such as archive) will follow the same rule.

On top of that, I plan on using "image text" (turning a font into an image using a script) for the headlines and dates of the posts, but if I could do the same for the body text, that would be cool too. I want to make a font out of my own handwriting to make it look authentic.

Is this something that I can accomplish with the PHP/CSS that Wordpress uses? Thanks.

2. pkr

pkr Guest

You could easily do that with css. I made www.jackanthony.net which resembles kind of a ripped page. I don't even see where the PHP comes in besides handling the posting from an admin page or whatever.

3. BrettRT

BrettRT New Member

I would be careful using images as your entire content text, without a proper ALT text your page would be pretty unsearchable.

4. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

you can have that page navigation with a plugin called pagination. google it and you will find it.