I'd like to get your guys' opinions on this

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by giz, Aug 4, 2008.

1. giz

giz Active Member

its something a friend of mine wrote in her facebook notes. I'm not quite sure what to think of it. :hsd:

2. zatotheck

zatotheck New Member

Wow, thats pretty interesting.

3. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I read it all. :hs:

4. giz

giz Active Member

I was enjoying reading it until the end. there are quite a few things that bother me but I can't seem to put them into words?

besides the fact that I think her examination on the guy's words is completely off-base (like she pulled it out of thin air), I strongly disagree with the idea that a man should appreciate and romance a woman simply for being a woman (and by the same logic, all women deserve to be romanced/loved).

for a woman to catch my attention (and I guess my heart) they have to offer a value. it seems like women (or maybe just this girl) should be more concerned with bettering themselves then searching/waiting for a man to sweep them off their feet :dunno:

5. giz

giz Active Member

what do you guys think he meant be "little boys with whiskers?" insightful or just crazy old man talk?

6. Joybang

Joybang New Member

Maybe he means that men are simple to please? In reality I think thats true. BUt again like you said, it sounds like a one sided approach.

7. Joybang

Joybang New Member

At least someone has priorities straight. Gotta find that man to buy you stuff.

8. giz

giz Active Member

I think that explanation works. I mean for all we know, the man is a spineless pushover. the fact that you're old doesn't necessarily mean you are wise in your words.

9. giz

giz Active Member

:werd:

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It sounds like a chain mail story.

I think what he's trying to say is that men may seem like little boys, but that it's who they are and you need to love them for that. Women on the other hand need constant romance and as a guy you have to love them for that.

11. Joybang

Joybang New Member

Yea, who knows. Honestly this thing reads like a chain letter and I doubt its true. It was alright until I got to the shoes part then I just thought fuck it.

12. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I think this guy grew up in a different time where things were more idealized. That's just my opinion. It might work for him and be all well and wonderful but isn't practical or easy for younger people.

13. giz

giz Active Member

not a huge detail in the scheme of things, but I can say that it isn't a chain letter and the event did happen. I know the girl and her writing (capital Love, holler, etc).

very true. not only that, but I also know the guy grew up in a Mormon household (utah... story includes 2 year church mission) which would most likely result in a "old-fashioned" upbringing. I guess my problem here is what exactly is being idealized. :hsd:

14. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I consider myself a romantic person, but it's difficult to keep up when you're having issues in the relationship.

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I think it sounds like a load of horseshit.

*shrugs*

16. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Well the main part of the post was interesting, but does sound like a chain letter. However...

"Theres Hope, girls. We can find that man. The one we can fall truly madly deeply in Love with, who will romance and appreciate us for the rest of our lives, but also buy us every pair of shoes we ever could have possibly wanted."

So my take is she just wants to do nothing and get bought lots of things, the rest doesn't really matter to her.

17. SirBoss7

SirBoss7 Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy t

Idk, me personally, I can handle risking torn muscles, getting yelled at, male bravado, ridiculous classes, 4 days of no sleep and PT, but when it comes to women, it's like the floor just vanishes underneath me.

18. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i thought it was funny. :bigthumb:

i have no idea what the whiskers part means. :dunno: i'm thinking something like guys are always young [referring to the boy part] and still learning and growing [referring to the whiskers part since whiskers are what animals use for sensation, etc]

19. Lou

Lou New Member

I'm not sure if it's just where I come from but whiskers around here would be stubble, facial hair. So I took it as men are like little boys with the appearence of a man. Maybe i'm just way off track though..

20. Perfect Speed

Perfect Speed OT Supporter

I hate to say it but the story was pretty good.

However the part in bold above makes me think the girl in question is pretty much a gold digger, and doesn't care about chivalry but instead cares about material possessions and wealth that she think she deserves for simply being a woman.

Seems to me (maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am) society today makes girls care more about the material stuff and that men should buy them EVERYTHING just so the men can be in thier mere presence. A buddy described it as "whores who want handbags".

If women want the equal rights then relationships should be equal too. Men shouldn't need to buy love.

21. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Basically saying getting into a relationship doesn't mean it's complete. Show your significant other that you love him/her every single day. If you get comfortable and think you've got your SO forever because you're married you're wrong. Someone else will come along and impress that person because you're not doing it anymore.

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

23. giz

giz Active Member

Didn't even think of that, but good chance this is exactly what he meant :bigthumb:

Yeah, I liked this part. Being active and continually providing your SO a reason to love you is important. :bowdown:

24. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Yeah but doesn't every old man talk like that?

I mean, shit, a few years ago before I went to college my dad and his best friend (not old, but around 50) gave me the whole romance speech then said "If I was in college I would go to the girls floor and walk door to door to door to door and try to fuck every girl. If she said no, I would go to the next door. You'll understand what I'm saying when you're older. But, for the sake of argument, just get it done with."

I laughed, then realized the truth behind it, then thought about me doing it, and realized "that's just old man talk".

Not to piss on old dudes, because there's a BOAT LOAD of wisdom that they give us. But in reality these lessons are based a lot on resentment, regret, and talking instead of doing.

It's easy for a 50 year old to tell an 18 year old to go door to door, because 30 years after the fact it doesn't matter. But in the shoes of an 18 year old it's just funny.

Context is key.

25. smellslikeshitgoddam

smellslikeshitgoddam Eat Shit