LGBT Id just like to crawl back into bed.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ExDelayed, Nov 3, 2004.

1. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I guess I had more faith in the Utah public (and the ten other states that had the descrimination amendments). It feels like our hands were tied behind our backs and we were thrown into a pack of hungry wolves. :(

Almost anything outside of this forum seems like a waste of time to post in today. :wtc:

2. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I agree but didn't expect anything different.:mamoru:

3. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I feel so drained... everything has gone the opposite of the way it needed to go. This sucks.

4. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

Yeah the neo-con tards are out in full force today.
    :o

5. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

Optimism goes a long way. So do friends and family. These are times to really cherish those who provide us with undying compassion and love. Kerry has conceded. We must move on and hope for a better future (as unlikely as that may be...). I'm done with talking about the elections. Tonight, i'm goin out to dinner probably with friends and being thankful that i have found a great support system in columbus in such a short time.

As a gay christian, i realized i was erring in praying during the tense moments for the removal of Bush from office. Right now, I only pray that the country can be reunified through compromise and communication. This does not mean the liberals adhering to the dominating republicans' agenda, but rather both sides agreeing to come to a middle ground. I have faith that Bush and his organ grinder, Cheney, can be mature enough to realize this as well.

This is a time where we must really become active in educating people about who we are as gay members of society. To dispel stereotypes and negative perceptions. One way we can do this is not being bush hating bitter fags, but rather collectively demonstrating that we are viable members of society who greatly contribute to our nation and need to be treated as equally as any heterosexual individual. This cannot be limited to the urban areas, but also to rural areas.

Some heterosexual people believe they are affected by gay marriage laws, but they never know why. They think that it's gonna cramp their style and tarnish the sanctity of marriage. However, they need to realize that gay marriage affects them by affecting people close to them. And unfortunately, there are too many closeted individuals out there to scared to take a stand.

This past week, i have more or less come out to my colleagues in explaining my beliefs in what has filled the political agenda, how issue one, the gay marriage ban, would affect me, etc. I don't like pushing my sexuality on people, but this is a time where i fear for my rights someday being violated.

What does this all mean?! I never thought i'd ever say this, but this is a moment where people must come out of the closet, identify themselves as proud gay americans, and show that they are citizens who may be affected by an aggressive, right wing control.

6. wing_nut74

wing_nut74 New Member

I am emberassed to live in Ohio this morning

7. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

:werd:

It even got worse than we expected.

Insane state amendments.

Crazy conservative GOP candidates winning local senate and House elections.

Just when I think our country cannot be any more polarized, I'm surprised by the religious-right.

8. NOVAJock

meh...ya win some, ya lose some. There's always tomorrow. :wiggle:

9. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

OK, little fuckin' orphan annie.

*cue "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow"

:fawk:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  10. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Meh. oh well. Life goes on.

11. NOVAJock

Now don't make me break out in song bitch! I'll splinter your ear drums. You've seen what happens when Cher's videos appear on the gym monitors! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

First, I'm happy to see ya posting again Rob... Missed ya. :sadwavey:

Second, and I cannot believe that I am acting this way, but I feel physically hurt. Like, I'm liable to burst out in tears any moment, and that makes me feel stupid and weak, and I really don't care right now. I feel betrayed by America; I feel as though I just got bashed on a national level...and people just keep walking by, not even noticing my pain.

I read posts of people who should be affected, and they are so lackadaisical about it that I get even more sick. I didn't go to work this morning, sleeping in and dreaming of a better day where pro-discriminatory platforms didn't get people elected.

I cannot believe that this election has left me feeling so "done".

Excuse me for taking it personally...

13. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

i'd like to go to dc and put bush six feet deep. im so mad. but this lil stunt he pulled.. i was expecting it. i feel so empty headed.. like i don't know what to say.. i just wanna crawl under a rock and stay there forever.. or.. in CoCo's bed, if he'll let me.

14. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Fixed. More along the lines of how I am today.

The holiday season always bites. All these happy people going on their happy little lives. Starting about now, and lasting until Christmas, I turn into the most dark, dreary, anti-social bitch you have ever seen. At least my little yellow friends pull the dark and dreary off for awhile.

And, around Christmas I can look forward to the nearly naked dancing bois at the bar again (schedule change, friday and sat night off :big grin:) and come early Janurary, school (going for my masters in architectural arts).

15. NOVAJock

Well, I've been busy with various things, so haven't been around much.

Honestly, the outcome of the voting, doesn't surprise me in the least, and maybe that's why I'm not affected by it. I guess the other reason is, after a while, I get sick of hearing the same pathetic arguments from the anti-gay crowd over and over and over again.

All I really care about is settling down, and building a life for myself and sharing it with someone else. I don't give a fuck what the rest of America thinks of my life or who I fall in love with, sleep with or have sex with. There are times to go out in the world and choose your battles, and there are times, when you learn to just back off and enjoy the refuge and solace of your own private sanctuary. At the point I'm at in my life currently, for a change, I'm focusing on myself and what I want and what's good for me. Not what's good for America or Homosexuals in general. After this last year of my life, I'm taking time out for myself and yes, I'm being selfish for a change. And I don't care who I piss off in the process.

As far as some of these dumbfucks on OT go....they can spew forth their religious convictions, anti-nature beliefs, and all the other bullshit they want to. It's just pissing in the wind as far as I'm concerned. The day they show up on my doorstep however, and preach to my face that I'm evil, dirty, etc., is the day I'll start ripping heads off shoulders.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  16. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I concur. :hs:

17. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

I can definitely understand that. I had the opposite reaction when I woke up this morning. I was ready to fight, but I was scared at the uphill battle we have before us.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1396130

I started the thread on the main forum for two reasons. 1) I felt alone in the upcoming fight. Abandoned by an America that I thought was progressing towards tolerance. Clearly, I was overly hopeful in my idealization of America. 2) The best way to fight your enemy is to know your enemy. I encourage everyone to read the whole thread and get angry. Use that anger to make a positive difference.

I work with a woman who is so close-minded. She actually had the nerve to tell me yesterday that the homosexual lifestyle physically devastates the human body, and this is her main objection to homosexuality. This is just the most recent thing this woman has said to me (she doesn't know that I am a homosexual; denial/"blind"). I think it is soon time for this woman's education to begin.

Thanks to everyone that posted support in the main forum today. You've helped me from shutting down and I hope (re)vitalized others.

18. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I think that I just needed a couple of days to cool off. I literally woke up yesterday, saw the results as yet, and decided to get back in bed and dream of a better world... I guess I gave America too much credit. Ferron, Taylor, and I spent election night with Alix Olsen (the slam poet, feminist activist, and queer activist referred to by the Christian Coalition as one of the 10 most dangerous women alive), and I think that I went to bed overly inspired, overly confident, and overly convinced that America, although polarized, was more concerned with equity.

So. I finally got up. I finally went to work, 6 hours late. I finally got back home that evening. And after being surprised by my Ex, I finally got over it. And with that, I posted the following in Ferron's thread...