IChat video conference problems, need help.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by zxghostrider, Jan 16, 2008.

1. zxghostrider

zxghostrider Sometimes you gotta hop on two wheels

Ok, so for a while now, I've been trying to video conference with family members using Ichat. They all have macs too, and are able to video conference with each other. However I am having trouble connecting to any of them. When I visited my parents house, I was able to to do a video conference with my dad in the same house. But when I'm in Florida, it keeps saying there is a commutation error. My firewall is set to allow all incoming connections, and I checked all the settings on Ichat. I also toyed around with router settings, and it still doesn't work. Any advice would be appreciated :hs:

PS- I have a MBP

2. Aussie

Aussie New Member

You quoted "My firewall" I am assuming it is in Mac OSX operating system. However, you did not mentioned if there is a router connected to your MBP?

Can you explain to us bit more how your MBP is connected to the Internet? Cable, ADSL, Router and others. Do as much as you can.

3. zxghostrider

zxghostrider Sometimes you gotta hop on two wheels

I actually got it fixed, it was a router problem. My router's software was very out of date. Got it all resolved though.