MMA Iceman v Axe Murderer

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

http://www.kakuto.com/news-217-11.html

2. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

hotness I cant wait

3. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

LOL look at you all up in hea wtf

4. thatguy

thatguy New Member

I wonder if this will be after Wandy's 'break'? I hope to see old Wandy back :cool:

5. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm pretty sure in that interview he said "unless something big comes up" or something along those lines. Here it is. I doubt he would turn this down, because he wants to fight Chuck.

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

let me guess fss? lol whats your sn on there?

as for chuck vs wandy it will be a good match people are already counting chuck out but its gonna be a good card and im excited to see what happens with the event. wandys style is aggressive but thats the kind of style that chuck works best against but then again alot of people say that he hasnt been fighting at his skill level because of the limited talent pool in the lhw division. I guess right now we will see what chucks really made of if he wins this fight he will prove the fact that wasnt just a UFC champion but some one who is worthy of fighting in the world theatre

7. Searcher

Searcher New Member

It would be nice to see at least three rounds of good stand up between them....

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

You mean grapplers trying to box with him is the style he is best against? He just fought a "real" aggressive striker in Rampage. I'm not counting Chuck totally out but I think Silva takes it by KO.

9. Bausk

Bausk New Member

They are both probably nearing the end of their careers.

10. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I know they have both lost recently, but I'm super excited about this!

Wandy by 1st round KO.

11. cipriani

cipriani OT Supporter

you guessed right. And im your cut-man how you gonna do me dirty like that...

12. KRUSTYTHECLOWN

KRUSTYTHECLOWN OT Supporter

If this is true it should be a great fight.
    Chuck is finally facing some real competition, fighting guys who can take a punch and deliver some just as hard as he does. I think Silva will take this one by TKO from the mount.

13. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i mean people try to downplay his striking skills alot he has gone up against people that were good strikers and still won. Randy Couture is concidered a grappler but his striking is up their in terms of the UFC talent. with the rampage fight it could have gone either way the same way the wandy fight can go either way. At that level of competition some times its more about style vs style. With rampage he specifically trained in a way to beat lidell. If he would have went up against lidell how he normally fights he would have lost but his trainer made a good game plan and his aggresive style is what set him up for the win.

With Wandy it can go either way too. He could fight aggresively and beat him in a similar way like rampage did or the other option could be that his aggresive style would set him up for alot of counter punching. Lidell likes using alot of body movement tension transferring techniques to move thats what makes him succssfull. With wandy though he has a very aggressive style and alot of times he starts driving forward and thats exacltly what chucks style is good for.

With rampage he didnt go out there and swarm chuck like other people did he made chuck take the fight to him and thats when he won the fight.

Wandy and chuck could go either way Im even more excited about this fight then the rampage and lidell fight. Still dont know who to root for on this one either. Both fighters are coming off of a big loss and need a big win to put them back into title contention

14. GhostRidah

GhostRidah Call Kenny Loggins because you're in the danger zo

I so hope its true, cant wait! Need to hear from silva first though.

15. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Chuck doesn't need a big win to put him back in title contention.....He is already in title contention in virtue of his record.....

16. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

This will be an exciting match... Too bad it couldn't have happened about a year ago as that would have been MUCH bigger. I'm still very pumped to see it though!

17. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

In for Wanderlei's 3rd consecutive KO :x:

18. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Damn I'm looking forward to this.

19. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

not like anyone believed he was actually gonna stay out of the ring for the rest of the year, can't wait to watch this shit, i'd ppv this fight even if there wasn't any undercard bouts

20. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

21. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

How Rampage fared against Chuck was going to be as good an indicator of how Chuck would go against Wandy as we could get. The problem is, the fight simply didn't last long enough, and Chuck just plain got caught. We didn't see enough in that fight at all.

Now, Wandy has been knocked out badly in his last couple of fights, and Liddell got unseated by Quinton.

Will they both come into this fight gun shy?

Most people would be thinking, this fight isn't going past the 1st round. The money might still be on that, but there's no knowing what strategy and mentality these two will bring to a matchup that's been wanted and talked about for years now.

It's a pity this fight has to happen now, when there's no belts behind it and the two combatants aren't at the top of their divisions anymore, much less their games it might seem.

Still, BLOCKBUSTER.

22. Whew

Whew New Member

wait, how old is chuck now? damn he better shape up his act..and stop partying if he wants to be a winner.

23. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

In my opinion, this is a lose-lose situation for both guys. No matter who wins, the other guy will be called a can and everyone will just say they're career is over and they were always overrated. If Chuck wins then everyone will say Silvia has been crap for years now, and if Silvia wins everyone will say Chuck is over the hill and never faced a tough competition.

24. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

pretty much now the fan boys will be talking smack unless chuck manages to beat all the new pride lhw lol:wavey:

25. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

yeah, if he loses this one we'll probably be seeing him as a coach on the TUF series again to regain that group of fans, lol sad to think that 1 loss to a fighter the caliber of rampage takes chuck down a bunch of pegs with so many ufc fans.