iBook G3's screen isn't working v. help me

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Jan 3, 2007.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

First off I'll say that I already had the logic board replaced, but it was before the big recall so maybe they put in another faulty one?

She was watching a DVD, paused the computer, came inside (we were in the car), then when she opened the computer the screen was black. She ejected the movie, shut down and it still is black. The computer still makes noises, and the volume buttons still work (as does the startup tune).

Also I've tried the contrast buttons, and its not that. Any ideas?

Its a 14.1 inch iBook G3, 800MHz. Its the white one, with two usb ports.

2. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

logic board. all the boards were faulty, even the one apple replaced on your ibook. I had 3 logic borads replaced before it finally died and moved over to a macbook

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Will they still replace that for free or was there a time period where it was free and now it'll cost? I'm going to head out to an Apple Store tomorrow anyways.

4. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

the replacement program is over, it ended last april (thats why I got my macbook in may). I remember hearing that to get a replacement logic board (not a new board but repaired one) cost $750. Save yourself the money and just move to a macbook

5. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

6. manchild

manchild OT Supporter