i730 or Treo 650?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ichabod Crane, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

Thoughts? Is it worth $200 more?

2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I'm assuming you're not talking about the Motorola Nextel i730..

3. Ichabod Crane

4. xivera

xivera Active Member

i730: EV-DO (broadband)
    Treo 650 does not.
    (if you care for that)
    comparison

5. Ichabod Crane

Yea, but it's not like im streaming video to my phone or anything. Is the Treo internet unbearably slow?

I realize the power of the Samsung, I am familiar with the Palm interface though. Plus the Treo supports TomTom navigation.

6. Gigantor

Gigantor New Member

I know about 5 people that own a Treo 650. They all said that it crashes on them. They don't lose memory or anything like that. But it'll freeze up and it will need to be reset. I'm waiting on the next Treo model, although I haven't looked at the i730 that much. Looks pretty sweet to me though.

7. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

The i730 supports tom tom too, and its a great device. Everything is better about the i730 i'd say.

8. Ichabod Crane

:hs: it isn't on the list on tomtom site, $300 is expensive to try it :hs:

9. DatacomGuy

I also like the 730... Not a fan of the Treo one bit. Used one for about a week and didnt care for it. Did crash on me, and I find the Palm OS pretty cumbersome.

10. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

you really don't know much about these things do you :o

It supports all of em, pocket pc or palm :) (tomtom)

11. DatacomGuy

The Treo does?

12. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

yea it should

13. Ichabod Crane

14. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

What insult :ugh: You even said that you didn't know much about these things in your PM :ugh: Shit.

Anyways, just because the actual device isn't listed doesn't mean anything. Programs aren't necessarily compatible with exact devices - they just have to have the right software + key hardware, such as BT, a fast enough processor, and Windows Mobile. The i730 has all of these, and it will work. Do you ever buy software for your computer and worry that your exact laptop/desktop isn't listed? No, its the software that is important.

15. Ichabod Crane

No, I never said I "didn't know much about these things." :ugh:

Apparently you don't buy much software. The minimum requirements are listed on the box, not each specific compatible computer model.

16. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

By you saying "I'm a Windows Mobile noob too" in your PM, that is basically the same as saying that you don't know very much about it. If I'm a noob, it means that the subject material is new to me, so I haven't had much exposure to it, thereby stating that I am very unfamiliar about it and don't know much about it.

Secondly, the minimum requirements are what I was referring to. When I say that the device just has to meet hardware and software specifications, its basically saying exactly what you said about min. req. I just said that each computer model is NOT listed - like they have on the TOM TOM site. Learn comprehension bud. Just because the Samsung i730 isn't listed doesn't mean its incompatible. It has bluetooth, it has windows mobile OS, and it has a fast enough processor/enough ram. therefore, it WILL work even if its not listed on the site. What you said "The minimum requirements are listed on the box, not each specific compatible computer model." goes completely against what you were saying before. Like I said, TOM TOM will work. It doesn't matter if its not listed on their site. But what do I know, I haven't owned 10+ of these devices in my life :ugh:

17. Ichabod Crane

Learn comprehension bud. When a manufacturer does list the specific models (GENERALLY this does not occur), I am likely to pay attention to it, rather than spend $300 and not have it work then get told I can't return it because I could have copied the software. :uh:

OH SNAP.

18. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

OH NOES, A DEVICE WITH THE EXACT HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SPECIFICATIONS WON'T WORK BECAUSE TOM TOM DIDN'T LIST EVERY SINGLE COMPATIBLE DEVICE ON THE SITE! Why the fuck would you even ask then if you're just going to keep referencing how they don't have it on the site. Its actually pretty damn funny that you can't even do enough research to realize that basically every single pocket pc with WM and bt is on that list. When you said you were a noob, you were really giving yourself more credit than you're worth :ugh:

Oh well, like like I don't know about these things AT ALL :rolleyes: Whatever man, I've helped you out a ton, don't expect any more help from me. Now stfu and make decisions for yourself instead of having somebody hold your hand through EVERY FUCKING STEP IN THE PROCESS. I bet you probably won't be able to get it to even turn on without asking for help :rolleyes:

19. Ichabod Crane

What a pussy hurt fag. He starts by throwing around shit like "you obviously dont know much about this" then gets all pissy when someone proves him incorrect. God forbid someone contradict your all-knowing smartphone knowledgebase.

Helped me out a ton? :rofl: I asked like two questions, and one of the answers was incorrect. If that's a ton, :ugh:

20. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

You're the pussy hurt faggot, "oh, i never said that I don't know anything" You fucking retard, you didn't prove me wrong, you just proved how fucking retarded you are faggot. And 2 questions? You PM'd me at least 5 times asking MULTIPLE questions each time dumbass. You're just too fucking stupid to realize that it is compatible. But of course, your level of IQ is so fucking low, you can't understand that a device is compatible even if the company hasn't gotten around to updating the website. They don't sit there and update everything once a device is released :ugh: Fucking faggot, stfu.

21. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Faggot I see you in this thread.

22. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

23. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

so what have you decided on :ugh:

24. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Get the treo, you deserve that piece of shit :rofl:

25. Ichabod Crane