"I wouldn't date a guy prettier than me"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by giz, Jul 10, 2009.

1. giz

giz Active Member

is this a common rule for women? any of you guys been told this?

I've experienced this a few times. last night I was told this by a very good looking girl. her reasoning was that she didn't want a guy that took longer than her to get ready, but that can't be the case can it?

I think it comes down to attention. the women who say this can't stand the idea of going out with a guy and having him receive more attention than her.

I know that my ex wouldn't upload photos where she thought I looked better than her :rofl: and when we went out, I'd hold the attention from both sexes (though this has more to do with my energy level more than anything I believe).

I can understand if you are not attracted to the typical "pretty boy" but I'm not necessarily talking "pretty," just "more attractive." though I would like to hear thoughts on pretty boys, as I tend to be accused of being one.

What is the vag's thoughts on the subject? are women who say this datable?

2. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

I will go out with guys more attractive than me. But I would not like it if they receive too much more attention. To some degree, it's ok.

3. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

some people would feel insecure

4. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

You seem like the life of the party no matter where you go, giz. So I wouldnt doubt a girl saying that to you is essentially her way of saying, "I need more attention than you". I think its an ego thing more than anything.

:dunno:

in4answers as well.

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I dunno. I think it's more of an attraction issue.

I'm learning more and more that the qualities that women find attractive are the things I wouldn't think they'd be attracted to. You'd think that cleaning yourself up and taking time to make yourself look good would increase your attraction with a woman, but I don't think it makes all that much of a difference. I think women like a man who isn't afraid to get a little dirty.

6. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I have a buddy who girls all consider extremely "pretty" in a masculine way. He can get laid without even trying because of it. But he can never find girls to actually date him because he is waaay to high maintenance. He works damn hard to be pretty and for him it literally is a case where he takes longer then them in the bathroom and they get sick of waiting.

:dunno:

I actually think that he looks like a pineapple injected with roids, but girls seem to think that is sexy

7. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Metrosexuals are so 2006.

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

its hard to be called pretty boy when you shave your head :dunno:

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

they are under the influence of his testosterone

10. Deborah

if by pretty or more attractive you mean they take a lot of time to get ready and make themselves pretty, that is a turn off for me. I like guys that are attractive enough with just the 10 minutes shower they have! unless there is something about them (like having curly hair) that has to be taken care of somehow.

11. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

They are in denial of the fact that they are mere sexual beings, just like the mindless animals we eat and poop everyday. Not liking pretty boys is like the biggest bullshit on the planet, there is a reason why that twilight guy has so many women after him.

12. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Giz you're so pretty I'd hit on you at a bar with a couple drinks in me, bro

And I'd probably still go through with it once I peeled your skinny jeans off and went for the peach pit and found the banana boat and buoys instead.

no homo

13. Deborah

you sure?:mamoru:

14. giz

giz Active Member

:rofl: wtf

15. giz

giz Active Member

that's logical to me. I'm talking about girls that say a guy is not datable before they even know how much effort he put into getting ready. is it an attraction issue or is it an attention issue?

16. Deborah

they are just insecure because they think the guy is attractive. A friend of mine is not ugly or anything but sometimes I feel she deliberately just dates unattractive men. She does not admit her insecurity but I can tell it is because she does not think high of herself and thinks better looking guys would leave her for other girls.

Girls want stability and safety in a relationship and a less attractive guy who does not have as more options gives it to them. I think Unlike guys many of us are not so competitive when it comes to finding a mate.

17. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I have a slightly tough time imagining this because being from NJ we have guys who take an hour to get ready, but girls who take far more.

I personally believe that the less I "get ready" the more fun I have in general. If I throw on a decent t-shirt or button down, jeans, shoes, and barely do my hair I usually am FAR more comfortable than if I spend time on everything.

For the most part that's probably because I tend to sweat when I'm trying to do too much at the same time while getting ready to go out and pregaming at the same time.

However, sometimes if I want to shave or gotta do some eyebrow shit that takes longer-- not an every day sorta thing, though.

That being said, I don't know how serious some girls are about saying that. I have seldom run into it, and if I do it seems like more of a playful joke. If a girl DOES have issues with it, especially if you're NOT someone who takes a long time to get ready, then there's something off there.

Then again I'm not "pretty" or "cute", so I can't really say haha.

18. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

that would be the case for me. it would drive me CRAZY if a guy took a long time to get ready, all the time. it doesnt mean that i dont want my partner to look good, i just dont want them to be so effing vain where they HAVE to do all these things before they wil go out

edit: oh yeah, to answer he question, i dont care if he was "prettier" than me. as long as he could be "pretty" in the same time it takes me to get ready (or less) i would be fine

19. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

i take 5 minutes to get ready and have the same issue as you bro,

wanna hook up?

20. giz

giz Active Member

I wasn't necessarily talking about myself, and the girl wasn't talking about me. we came across this guy and the two girls I was with completely enamored with how hot he was. I said I thought he was very average looking. then I started talking to one of them and thats when she said "I couldn't date anybody prettier than me"

Now that I think about it, the time excuse wasn't the only she gave, but I'm pretty sure she said when she went out she didn't want her guy stealing the attention (I think she said this :420:)

Seems backwards to me :dunno: I love when I go out with a girl and all the girls turn to stare at her

21. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

bingo

and if she is going to bitch/complain about it, then no, they're not datable

22. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

i mostly notice pretty girls with avg looking guys who are taller than her with heels on. i know a lot of avg looking girls with dudes that are considered good looking. i dont think looks really matter but attitude/game/ personality / and heighth trump looks

23. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:dunno: i've dated both... guys that many would consider more attractive than i am and those that are not.

sure, i've been with a more attractive guy and have thought, "why on earth is he interested in me :eek5:" but when he asked me out, i didn't turn him down.

24. D7

D7 OT Supporter

:hsugh: You're not a pretty boy and you're not prettier than women

No, she's insecure

Agreed

Also agree

25. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

To me thinking like that means they are only interested in being a handbag. That it is all about appearances and not about how the two people feel within that relationship.
    My husband takes longer than me to get ready, in the sense he has 30 minute showers where as mine are 3 minutes long. I think my husband is fucking hot. Would others agree? I don't care what other people think. I am with my husband because he makes me feel accepted and loved. Because the connection we have makes me a better person. Because I love him and I want to be with him. Because we share the same values and morals. Because he makes my world shake. Because life without him isn't a life I am interested in living.

However in saying that, I have never dated for the sake of dating. I have always entered a relationship with a view that this would be forever and if I couldn't see myself with them or the connection wasn't there I would break it off. Relationships to me have never been about looks or what kind of couple we look like to other people. It's been about how I feel and the connection I have with another person.

I would encourage people to 'date' women like that, but not enter a relationship.