"I would totally leave you for........."

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SolidRanger, Jan 23, 2010.

1. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Hey guys. I have always had really good relationships with my exgirlfriends. Never fought, except for one thing that 2 of my exes did. Which is telling me that if given the opportunity they would leave me for some celebrity. With my most recent girlfriend it was "I would totally leave you for Chris Pine".

This PISSES me off to no end. It's just so goddamn insulting. They both treated like it was not offensive at all and in good fun. They tell me I'm overreacting and being a prick. I've heard other people say it to their spouses and I'm just surprised that they just sit and take it.

Am I really overreacting to get offended at this? I mean I understand fantasizing about a celebrity when you're in a relationship, everyone does that. But to say or even entertain that they would leave me for them makes me feel betrayed. I don't want a girl who is with me because she settled. I want a girl who wants me for ME.

Am I overreacting?

2. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

short answer: yes

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You are over reacting. One of the first few questions asked in the Vag interviews are "Who would you have on Hump island?"

There's always the option of finding a girl who has your same views on these things... but honestly you are over reacting and taking it way more seriously then anyone ever intends it to be.

4. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

OK, well since I'm apparently out of touch I'm just gonna start graphically telling every girl I date how much I want to plow Megan Fox and how their personal feelings mean nothing to me. If they get mad then I'll know that they're irrational and should be cut loose.

5. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Well if your girlfriends start graphically telling you about how they want to be plowed by random actors and they don't care about your personal feelings, then you should leave them on the spot. But I highly doubt any girl has ever done this to you or ever would.

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

:ugh:

It's a celebrity.. there isn't even a chance that they will ever get a glimpse of them in real life. It seems like you are just insecure if something like that bothers you this much.

And I'm sure this girl went into GREAT detail about how she was going to let him plow her from behind too. :hsugh: Way to blow it way out of proportion.

7. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

The way I see it they're both equally as bad.

But seriously, I just find such a thing offensive. If she's just joking, then she should keep it to herself because I don't find it in the least bit. If she's serious then she should GTFO. I would would never disrespect a girlfriend by basically telling her that she is inadequate. If she were inadequate for what I'm looking for, I wouldn't be with her.

I just can't wrap my head around how this sort of thing could be OK.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

No, you're not overreacting. Unless she's saying it playfully.

I don't wanna hear that kinda shit and I'm sure you don't either.

And I'm sure your gf doesn't, either.

Of course, the Vag will tell you you're overreacting because no one in the Vag believes in jealousy or serious relationships.

But yeah, it subtly implies that your gf is settling for you. Fuck that noise. It's also implying that she would consider leaving you if someone better came along. She's already got her feelers out, I'm sure.

9. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

How is that even relevant? Just because they're unobtainable means that I shouldn't be offended by this? I could tell my girlfriend that I would totally fuck Megan Fox and that's ok, or I could go out and meet some woman of equal attractiveness and fuck her and suddenly that's wrong because she was actually obtainable?

What if that particular person she would leave me for wasn't famous? What if she met that person in a bar while she was dating me and they hit it off? She odviously would dump me and go out with him. So again it's back to the fact that they are only with me because they couldn't do better, not because she actually likes me for me.

10. mostrandom17

mostrandom17 New Member

yeah you are simple as that ..... if she is answering playfully and just to jiggle your balls (excuse my french) ..... then you are!

11. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

She tried to play it off as being playful, but to me it came across as 100% serious. At the time I didn't say anything but I was pissed off and she eventually asked me what was wrong and I told her. And she gave the same answer that Black Dhalia did: "It's not like I'd ever actually ever have a chance with them" and she brushed it off.

It wasn't until some time after we broke up that she finally took my position seriously.

12. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

But she wasn't talking about some random dude on a street, she was talking about a celebrity. And you are fooling yourself if you think that all girls don't have celeb crushes, just like guys do. I'm pretty sure none of your gf's have pointed out some hot dude while you were out and told you that they would leave you for them.

And yea, I agree with falconer that she shouldn't be saying it all the time, but if she mentions it once or twice that shouldn't be a big deal. Going on and on and on about how hot he is and how badly you want to bang him would be a no no.

13. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

It's still a person, a real life person out there. Even if they weren't a celebrity they'd still be the same basic person, just some random dude on a street.

As I said before everyone fantasizes about celebrities, but if you are a rational person in a relationship with someone I would think that you would care about this relationship that you've invested in. If a girl is with me simply because I'm the best she can get, not because she actually likes me for me, then whats to stop her from just tossing me aside the moment some guy who's just a little better looking, or makes just a little more money, or drives just a little nicer car comes along? After all it's not like she knows this celebrity guy, she's making her judgment simply on superficial values. So I could be funny, smart, confident but that won't matter because he's got abs and I don't and therefor I am inferior.

You're right.

Or how about she could respect me enough to just plain not say it. I could care less if she says it to her girlfriends, I just don't want to fucking hear it.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That would piss me off.

That says "I would leave you if I could find someone better. What we have doesn't have any meaning to me... I'd give it all away if someone better came along."

Fuck the chances of it happening.

Who do you want to be with? The person who is content with you NO MATTER WHAT or the person who is content with you as long as no one better comes along?

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You misunderstood me. I don't think she should ever say it. If it's obviously joking, like when I told my gf I'd leave her for Taylor Lautner (the werewolf guy in Twilight), then it's ok, but otherwise, no. What good could possibly come from saying something like that?

It's not an issue of insecurity. It's an issue of not being a retarded bf or gf. Obviously there are other attractive people, but no one wants to hear about how sexy their SO things someone else is.

edit - these last 2 posts only apply to people in serious relationships.

16. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Thank you, you just summed it up right there. If you want someone better then go find someone better, don't deceive me.

17. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Very good point there. I guarantee if I was walking down the street and a perfect 10 walked by and I said "I would totally leave you for her" I guaran-fucking-tee she would get mad, yet I have no more of a chance with a perfect 10 I see on the street then some celebrity on TV.

18. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

TBH, if you are in a good relationship with a girl than a little celebrity crush is just that, a crush. If the girl is just going to toss you aside for the next hottest dude then obviously it wasn't a good relationship in the first place. EVERYONE is slightly superficial, nobody is ever going to fuck or be with someone they don't find attractive.

People ARE allowed to find others attractive besides you in a relationship, that you think that she isn't allowed to do so is crazy, because I know full well you don't have eyes for only her, nobody does.

And if you want her to keep her comments to herself, then tell her so. Then she will just oogle in private.

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I edited that post.

Yeah dude, there are some things you don't joke about. Conversely, all jokes are somewhat based in truth. It's possible your gf just isn't really that into your relationship if she's hypothetically willing to leave you for someone she doesn't even know anything about. Cuz he's famous? Who even knows if they'd be compatible. It makes your her sound superficial and stupid. No offense. That kinda shit pisses me off.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

EXACTLY.

I occasionally see chicks that are hotter than my gf (my gf is an 8). But even if one of them was like "hey, leave your gf for me" it would be stupid: 1) i have a good history established with my gf, why would I give that up? 2) i don't know anything about this new person, even tho she's a 10, she might be a retard heroin addict. 3) a million other things.

It's a little more understandable if your gf is like "I would leave you if I met someone with whom I was more compatible and to whom I was more attracted," but when she's basing it entirely on status and fame (which a lot of women do), that's fucking retarded. She'd probably come back to you as her second choice when it didn't work out with him, either.

So again, you have every right to be annoyed.

21. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

yeah see this is why everyone thinks you are :weak: for wanting to get married.

you are overthinking and crazy.

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:bowrofl: It's hilarious to me that you are this insecure about a celebrity she'll never meet or have a shot with.

My fiance jokes when he see's Jessica Biel or Sofia Vergara what he would do to them and I just laugh, because I know if Ryan Reynolds walked up to me I'd probably jump on top of him :dunno:

Time for you to find a shy girl who is afraid to speak her mind.

23. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

But why would they say it, if they weren't serious? Even if they were joking, have you ever heard the party being told this laugh? I don't think so. So the only one who's enjoying this is the person who said it!

I never intended to suggest otherwise. Nobody should have to be with someone they're not attracted to, but by saying what she said she is saying that I am not good enough for her. If I'm not good enough for her then why the fuck is she with me?

Seriously, are you reading what I'm writing here? I'M NOT MAD THAT SHE FINDS ANOTHER GUY ATTRACTIVE! I would be stupid if I did. After all I see women all the time that I find attractive, it's only logical that she would see guys she finds attractive. The part that makes me mad as that she seems to put so little value on our relationship. If it wasn't a celebrity and was just some aquantance of hers I would be exactly as pissed off. I find other women attractive. I would totally date or fuck Megan Fox if given the chance, but I would not leave my girlfriend for her just because Megan Fox is a hot piece of ass nor would I joke about doing so. Why? Because I actually care about the woman I'm with. I wouldn't be with her to begin with if I didn't feel our relationship was worth something.

And if you want her to keep her comments to herself, then tell her so. Then she will just oogle in private.[/quote]You really don't listen do you? I'M NOT MAD THAT SHE FINDS ANOTHER GUY ATTRACTIVE.

24. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

you're definitely overreacting.

i would leave any boyfriend immediately if he was this fucking sensitive to my wording of a simple joke.

honestly dude, you sound like a HUGE fucking pussy. you probably cry a lot and talk about your "feelings" to your girlfriends... which is why they would leave you for a real manly-man like chris pine.

25. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

So you have no respect for your fiance and would have sex with another man simply because he's hot? There are alot of guys out there just as attractive as Ryan Reynolds, so whats to stop you from fucking some random hot guy who isn't famous?

Seriously, if you honestly would cheat on the one you supposedly love, then why the fuck are you getting married?