I would like to discuss why people assume hot girls are either dumb or boring

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by demosnat, Mar 8, 2008.

1. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Seriously. Whenever anyone posts a picture of an attractive woman, or mentions one, there is a BARAGE of people saying she's probably borderline retarded, has no personality, sucks in bed etc.

Is it because people assume since she's had constant approval b/c of her looks she's never had to develop other social skills?

Wouldn't one think that approval would HELP her develop skills (as she'd be invited out more, have more friends, etc)

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

cause people are idiots and then again people are stupid and look on the exterior rather than the interior

3. piper

piper New Member

then she's just another black stone that will never move no matter what.

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

wat

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Beautiful, Intelligent, Sane.... Pick 2

6. piper

piper New Member

wat

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

That's it in a nutshell. And it wouldn't necessarily help because in order to be well socialized you have to be corrected somehow when you do the wrong thing, and many people-- maybe most-- are apt to give approval unconditionally to a girl if she's hot enough.

It also goes to self-perception, when you go through your whole life having people fawn over you, it's easy for that to go to one's head.

All that said, jealousy and 'sour grapes' also factor heavily into the need to put down attractive women (and men), it's certainly not all based on rational thought.

8. piper

piper New Member

you didn't listen again.

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Are you stoned?

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

By that logic, the fatty thats really nice is only nice b/c she HAS to be, inside she might be toxic, mean, and bitter.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

because chumpy men and women care so much about hot girls that it hurts.

My sister and I are endlessly disgusted by the fact that girls *constantly* will call unattractive women pretty and pretty women bland.

for both genders, this is a way to rationalize not having hotties in your life. it is unremarkable if you think about it that people foam at the mouth in defense of their own equality in a world where attractive people are exactly the same as ugly people - insecure, confident, fake, genuine - except, invariably, a lot better off.

Kinda like how all rich people are "snobby."

The myth is furthered by people who subconsciously set out to prove that some threatening higher caste isn't actually 'all that.' I has seen the hawt women, they is dumb, NEXT. Ego protection

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

sour grapes

13. JohnJohnJohnson

the socially wealthy get snarled at by the socially bankrupt. petty, self-serving human nature at its most morbid. Nothing is quite so foul as the wide, scared eyes of an average looking person when Emily or my sister enters a room. (no pics of my sister :nono:)

14. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

It's a stereotype, and its there for a reason just like all other stereotypes. Generally speaking, I think very attractive, YOUNGER, women, have some major flaw such as being a complete dumbass, or ditzy, or emotionally insecure, etc.

I have met plenty women that I found very attractive who were smart and had all their shit together, but the odds are highly in favor of what I described above. My step sister is a prime example of the above. I have to constantly listen to my guy friends say "dude she's hot." I don't think it's hot when a girl is barely passing high school, gets drunk/stoned every weekend, and has had to get rushed to the hospital because she had cocaine/alcohol/marijuana in her system all at the same time rendering her unconscious in the middle of class.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

Wishful thinking, my bitter, small minded friend; stereotypes are random. For example, Chinese people used to be stupid and horny. Now, that's applied to black people.

16. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

Humans in general from what I've seen will generally take the easy way out. In the case of an attractive woman, the use of her looks over the development of self usually wins. It's a sad truth and Im stoked every time I meet someone who breaks tradition.

17. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Care to explain how I'm bitter or small minded? I didn't say all stereotypes are true, but a lot of them exist because at some point in time they were true. They change over time obviously. I also specifically said generally speaking because I was trying to point out that its the younger attractive women who generally fall into the category of being dumb, etc.

18. Victoriono

Victoriono New Member

Yep, i think this is true.

It mostly seems to come from guys and it's probably an excuse to why they don't have hot women.

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Because its bullshit that they have it easier cause they are hot. Just about every guy has had a professor who hands out A's to girls and flirts with them. Such bullshit, while the guys get fucked over. I know a very hot girl that is smart but if you have a girl that is ugly just as smart who do you think is going to get the job or better grades? Of course that would leave anyone bitter having to work twice as hard to get what the hot girl has.

20. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

I've actually been with a hot girl that really turned out to be boring, which didn't help the "stereotyping". :(

21. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

And I know tons of ugly, boring girls. I'm guessing people who assume hot = dumb/boring probably had their mind shaped by movie cliches and don't hang out (non-romantically) with hot girls. I have noticed that it's kind of a resentment thing...like she's so pretty that we must attach some sort of flaw to her - oh okay lets make her snobby/dumb/bitchy without having ever really hung out with her to validate it. I've noticed this with obnoxiously goodlooking guys as well.

22. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:roflw:

23. NCS

NCS Active Member

you're spot on from a theoretical point of view. you know the term "building character". the idea goes that hot people have everything handed to them so they don't build much character -- and by definition means they are void of personality and aren't cultivated or intelligent.

i'm convinced there is some truth to this but there are hotties out there who are very complete people, smart and fun , etc.

24. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I would argue that most stereo types DO exist. That the culture and the asians we interact with have changed. Used to, most Chinese in the US were low class railroad workers, now, b/c of the brain drain there, we get the smart ones. racial stereo types are reflecting what we think about a CULTURE. Is there a "hot culture"

Oh, pics of your sis.

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Share some of that crack.
    Pretty women are often seen as dumb. I can tell you, with the utmost assurance, that if an attractive woman and an average one (not ugly, no one gives free shit to ugly people) are sitting next to each other in class, the average one will be judged on her work alone, while the pretty one will have to prove she is smart DESPITE being pretty.