GUN i wish people would quit freaking out at walmart when I carry my garand on my back

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t1h, Dec 29, 2007.

1. t1h

t1h Guest

:mamoru: only kidding, but I wonder what would happen if i did that.

2. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

Only one way to find out :x:

3. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

I might be down with my Garand....or, I would, if the city PD weren't so capable of being assholes...

4. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Isn't "peaceable carry" of long weapons legal in TX damn-near everywhere?

5. t1h

t1h Guest

:dunno: i don't live in texas

6. WiseOne

WiseOne roter Teufel

To bad for you :o

7. idleprocess

My mistake.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well it's kinda funny, actually... What you can technically do isn't always a smart thing to actually do.

For example, open-carry is legal, but a cop can still arrest you for menacing.

9. t1h

t1h Guest

or disturbing the peace if someone freaks out and calls you in

10. idleprocess

Yeah, I know. "Legal" doesn't necessarily mean "good idea." I know that the local Black Panthers carried long-barreled weapons during a few demonstrations in Dallas about 15-20 years ago - evidently without incident.

11. PWRDbyTRD

PWRDbyTRD Guest

There was actually an incident here in my hometown where the manager of the shooting range I go to was hassled for openly carrying, IWB with no cover garment. The officer was going to arrest him for inducing a panic?? Fortunately another officer showed up and corrected him. A month later an official letter of apology was sent to him... it made the news :) I'm pro-carry... everywhere.

12. t1h

t1h Guest

i'm pro carry everywhere here too. but unfortunately even with a CCL its still a felony in my state to carry it in churches, parks, schools, meeting places of any governing body of any governmental entity, state capitol, etc.

13. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

id be scared. not going to lie. no one open carrys here in iowa and if someone did id think they were going to shoot up the place.

i wish i didnt feel that way. but thats all you hear about

id love to be able to walk around with a gun

14. MTech

MTech New Member

Only if you actually are menacing. The whole "they can say you're trying to cause a riot, brandishing ect is bs.

" [FONT=&quot]§ 5503. Disorderly conduct.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]makes unreasonable noise;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture; or[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]actor.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ADVISORY NOTE: Though this section does not deal with firearms, due to the nature of this code, this law has been cited by officers to suppress or discourage lawful open carry. Since a person who is not licensed per §6109 or exempted by §6106(b) MUST open carry their firearms on foot in order to avoid criminal charge, nor is there any duty for anyone licensed to conceal their handgun, open carry is not disorderly conduct. The open carrying of firearms is not by itself threatening, nor does it cause a hazardous or physically offensive condition. There are also two cases that that specifically state that a person may carry a firearm openly: Commonwealth v. Ortiz and Commonwealth v. Hawkins.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]§ 2706. Terroristic threats.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](a) Offense defined. A person commits the crime of terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly or indirectly, a threat to: commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another; cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation; or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](e) Definition.--As used in this section, the term "communicates" means conveys in person or by written or electronic means, including telephone, electronic mail, Internet, facsimile, telex and similar transmissions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ADVISORY NOTE: As with disorderly conduct, this code section has been used to suppress or discourage lawful open carry. “Convey” means to communicate, either orally or by written or electronic means. Because the open carry of firearms is not a communication as defined by this section, it cannot be terroristic threatening.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]

See.

15. kruucks

kruucks oh herro

which state is this?

16. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say Virginia.

17. kruucks

kruucks oh herro

taht would be awesome. not that i'm going to back talk a cop, but just to have handy if i have to court for some ridiculous reason