I wish I knew then, what I know now

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Lokman, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Lokman

Lokman New Member

I was 18 and in love. The summer before college. She was everything I wanted. She was also two years older. I played it too hard. Came on fast and came on quick. We kissed. Ecstacy. Then I messed up. Bad. Out came the neediness learned in a relationship throughout high school. She recoiled. I lost her. Summer love equalled a broken heart for me.

But I learned. I had always been the analytical type. From now on play it cool. Be a gentleman but always a little unavailable. No life story and be my girl on the first date. Girls come and go but friends and your career are forever. Then I changed. Suddenly I understood the game. Easy to get a girl now.

Then the money came. Career took off. Six figures. Nice car. Trips to the Caribbean and Miami at will. I abused the game. Wanted a girl? Got a girl. Women. Women at will. Not only one at a time. Emptiness. Why?

Finally the one. Everything I wanted version B. Actually better. Slow play on both sides. Now she's my girl. Life feels fulfilled. One year passes I'm great. Then business trips. I hate being alone. I bring her. One time she can't come. I go alone. I hate being alone. Cold bed in a foreign country. Hit the club. See a beauty. The game still works. Five nights of lust.

Now back home. Guilty but hide it well. She doesn't know. Then move abroad. Business before feelings. Long distance will work baby? No. Then I think to myself. I wish I knew then, what I know, so I had never become me. Oh what could be.

2. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I totally heard bongos and snapping fingers in the background and smelt a hint of coffee and Djarums while reading that.

3. Pringles

Pringles New Member

so in HS you got ahead of yourself.

Then you recoil and just abuse women with the money you make

then you realize you want to marry one, only to abused women when shes gone. Sounds like your aren't trust worthy, don't get me wrong because I'm all about having a good time too but I don't have a gf so it's fair game.

Not really even sure your point...

4. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

:eek3:

:bowdown:

Awesome post.

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

Poetic.

Who gives a shit what happened yesterday? That's why today exists....to make right all the mistakes we made yesterday and to go make new mistakes that we'll make right tomorrow.

6. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Cliffs: You're a douche.

7. just_another_on

Disagree.

I think he's an intelligent and successful person who is looking back on the decisions in life.

8. ForgottenSpiral

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree, MCohen

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

He's an intelligent and successful person who has done some douche things.

10. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

[​IMG]

11. just_another_on

Why do you feel like you have to judge him or belittle him by calling him a douche? Everyone makes poor decisions on life.

12. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

His decisions are brilliant imo, I envy him.

13. ForgottenSpiral

Sounds to me like he was unsuccessful with women so he got some money and some confidence then started using women. Found a great woman to settle down with and cheated on her. I'll give you successful based on his own claims of money and success, but I don't see where you're getting intelligent from. I see douche as much more prevalent in his post than I see intelligent.

14. ForgottenSpiral

Why do you feel the need to praise and defend someone who cheated on a great woman?

15. ForgottenSpiral

Besides, all this "if I only knew then" crap is bullshit. You know now and that's what matters. TS, learn from your mistakes and stop being a douche. If you really want to give a woman everything she deserves, then just do it. The only person stopping you is you.

16. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Douche and intelligent aren't mutually exclusive terms.

I would say that it takes a certain amount of intelligence to BE successful. That you can't really have successful without intelligence to some degree.

It sounds to me like he was a needy, insecure guy who got abused by women for being needy and insecure. So he learned how to manipulate women, but never really took care of the needy and insecure part. ;)

A lot of people do that. And they claim to be successful because they have learned a few psychological tips about people or gained knowledge in some other area and yet didn't take the time to thoroughly examine themselves to see what the root cause of their problems were.

17. just_another_on

Im not defending him, all im saying is why judge someone who isnt looking to be judged? :dunno:

18. just_another_on

The TS right? :werd: I agree.

19. just_another_on

Really?

So if you knew you would become a dependent and drug addict before taking them and allow your life to spin down a never ending spiral, would you have started taking them?

20. ForgottenSpiral

I agree with all of that. I'm not judging him for not fixing all his issues. It's the cheating on his partner part that I think makes him a douche.

21. ForgottenSpiral

:bowrofl: Shows how well you know me. I did know that before I started taking drugs. I see your point though. Many of us have thought about how things might have been different if we'd made different decisions. That's called regret. The point is that focusing that energy on the past is worthless unless we do something about it today.

And your praise is just as much a judgement as my criticism.

22. just_another_on

And like you, he is regretting his decision that he made. Thats all im getting at.

And im sure you knew that before you started taking drugs, but that didnt change the fact that you still did them. That was the point. He knew what he did was wrong, and he admitted to messing up and fucking up. Tahts what his post was about, was about fucking up. Instead of reading it and looking at all the BAD he did, why not read it and see what he's trying to convey in the message?

23. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

It's not a secret where drugs CAN (not will, but CAN) take you. In fact, on a subconscious level the people who are destroying their lives with drugs are actually WANTING to do so, whether they realize it or not. You get exactly what you want out of life, and you HAVE exactly what you want. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't have it.

Drugs are just a catalyst anyway. Going back and changing the fact that you started doing drugs wouldn't save you from destroying your life. Going back and fixing the issue that drove you to drugs could do that.

But that's a moot point. Going back and changing something you did wrong thinking it would've made your life all peaches and cream is a myth anyway. If you COULD change something, and you did, and then came back to your present, you'd just discover that the effect of that change just changed what you would like to go back and change. (if that made any sense :rofl:)

Much more effective to think in terms of how you can change NOW. Saying "if only I hadn't" really gets you nowhere. But you already know that.

24. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:confused:

Stop trying to sound logical, it's not working.

25. just_another_on

Seriously...

Viper you just spewed a bunch of shit that sounds great but really means nothing...