SRS i wish i could sleep!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fear my vagina, Aug 1, 2006.

1. fear my vagina

fear my vagina New Member

My whole life i have been scared of the dark and to sleep alone, but the past month i have been so obnoxiously frightened that i havnt slept in 6 days. I stay up on worknights when i dont have anyone to sleep by, but on weekends i sleep at friends so i have someone [im 16]
    to answer your question of what im scared of....
    I am scared of someone breaking in. I am not scared of death, I am scared of seeing the burgler/killer/whatever's face. I am scared of them killing my mum and i wont beable to do anything about it. Lately there has been a "winder peaker" going around the fox cities where i live, and hasnt been caught, He hasnt harmed anyone, but he stands in people's windows and masterbates...?
    and that right there scared the hell out of me. I am also very scarred of demons. I could just see myself being possessed or them trying to posess me.
    It's so stupied but im serious and no one in my household takes me seriously. i go to work like half awake, and obviously it isnt healthy for me.
    Any suggestions?..

2. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

You're serious? Don't be ashamed of being scared of the dark. My college roommate last semester who was 20 was scared of the dark. I let her sleep with the light on and I wore a face mask. Maybe you can try keeping a light on.

Are you male or female? Females tend to feel more comfortable with stuffed animals on the bed.

Where is your room located? Can a burglar actually get to your room if someone were to break in (which is highly unlikely).

Try rationalizing with yourself. Tell yourself that you've lived there for X years and nothing has ever happened.

Are you in a high crime area? Or is the area relatively safe? If it's a safe area, use that to reassure yourself too.

3. fear my vagina

Im a female, and yes haha i have to have my baaby blanket along with this doll my mother gave me, but the thing is at all timesi need to see what is going on. And my room is located across the hall from my mother but i do have a window so someone could break in, and we dont have air so the window is supposed to be open but i keep it shut...
    But it is not a high crime area but in this world anything could happen anywhere in my eyes so i never feel safe..
    But when i have someone in the room i feel completely safe! and with the light on i will try, and i am gonna really start trying to relax..

4. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

Yeah I know. I feel that way at my house. It's weird because I don't feel that way when I'm living at school.

I surround myself with stuffed animals, keep a blanket on, and keep the computer screen on so it keeps a dim light on the entire room. I like being able to see all around me too. So I definitely can understand.

I just try calming myself by saying it's a safe area, and things will probably be okay. There's no point in worrying over something that probably wont happen. It's not like I can better prepare for it by worrying to death you know?

Maybe you can try getting your mind off of it. Listen to music (if you can fall asleep to it.) I cant. :( . Ummm. Keep a friend on the phone up until you're so tired you can't keep your eyes open..

5. Pringles

Pringles New Member

even though I'm a very objective male. You gotta face your fears sometime. Maybe get curtains for your room? If someone comes into your house they wont take you. They want what you possess. They dont really care about your breathing body. Also you might try a fan or leave the radio on so you can't "hear" or sit there prentending to hear the man outside or the stick hitting your window. I'm a fan of the fan as it keeps me cool and it forces my mind to think on one thing since sadly i'm a person that multi-tasks and can't just focus on nothing a relax. I rely on my fan to focus me onto it and I sleep. Any ideas or questons fell free to ask me?

6. fear my vagina

I get what yuor saying, but i am not scared of death, i am scared of seeing their face or them seeing me see them. Yes i do need to face my fears but i think it will be awhile until that happens. But like i said it is not only burglers/killers it is demons also..ehhhh there is realy nothing for me to do. but the fan idea is a good one. It does help me concentrate on one thing most of hte time. [:

7. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

sleep with the lights on... or the tv on (mute)