SRS I wish I could get away from my family.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GlassJoe, Dec 10, 2005.

1. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I'm slowly growing to hate the holidays because it constantly reminds me how fucked up my family is.

Over the last couple of years, my Thanksgivings have consisted of me going to visit my grandmother and step-grandfather because no one else will (my aunt doesn't get along with my grandmother and my mom started a bunch of drama year before last and hasn't been back for a holiday since) and then going to see my dad who spends the entire time smoking, drinking, and telling me how horrible his life is.

Last year at Christmas, I basically spent the entire time listening to my mom and stepdad argue with my younger brother, who was 16. I'm certain that this year is going to be even worse after a recent conversation with my stepdad. He said that my brother cursed at my mother and then my stepdad and it actually led to a physical altercation between them.

Shit like this makes me look at my family and realize that every one of my relatives is fucked up. The only exceptions are my aunt and my cousin and that's because they married into money. It just seems like I'm destined to fall into the same misery and misfortune that all of my other relatives have.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Life is what you make it, really all the misery that you experience is because you and your family members are emitting nothing more but darkness,hatred and misery out of themselves. You see you have this idea of

' life is supposed to make me happy '

which is absolute rubbish, you see you have to understand that life is what you make of it' meaning that you have to put love and light in every situation you encounter' such is the case because you have to 'earn what you receive in life' , apply that and try letting people see the sunny side by reducing their doom and gloom thinking.

3. scaryice

scaryice New Member

You can't choose who your family is. But you can choose not to be around abusive, fucked up people. Just because someone's your relative doesn't mean that you have to do stuff with them or care about them at all.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

We all hate our families, on some level. Shitty Christmases can reinforce your desire to be different from them. To be yourself. In this way, they are useful.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Agreed.
    I don't talk with my family unless I absolutely have to. Life has been MUCH more happy since I stopped talking to them also.
    It's your life, do what you want to do. If that includes not visiting them, more power to you.