MMA I went to a san da (san shou) class today...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by jeffreyliu838, Sep 7, 2009.

1. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

...And I threw up immediately afterword. Another student did too. I was faster though, so I got the toilet. He had to take a bush outside. I don't believe it's cause I'm completely out of shape though, cause even the veteran students were damned tired.

I hate chinese martial arts. Most of the class, in my experience is always crazy conditioning (as opposed to learning stuff like in my bjj class).

I'll probably keep going though. San shou sparring is freaking epic.

2. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

Any specific details? What are they having you do for conditioning? Why is the sparring epic?

3. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:rofl: Shit is becoming popular and I don't get it. Why would the conditioning be crazy for 2 - 2 minute rounds? Seriously that shit doesn't even make sense. I have yet to see a technical san shou match, it just turns into who can kick and punch the most in 2 minutes and maybe get in a few takedowns while their at it.

I don't see how their sparring would be any different than a kickboxing spar, just a minute less.

4. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Apparently you've never wrestled.

5. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-85YMz2R-E&feature=channel

Looks pretty cool. Not doing takedowns though.

This place doesn't really focus on tournaments as much as it does just standup fighting in general.

A bunch of cardio stuff. Like, we'd have the students form a circle on the edge of the mat (it's about the size of a basketball court) and one guy would have to run around the circle and do a double leg on everyone for like 10 minutes. My legs got pretty damned tired from that. Everything else was just normal endurance stuff, like burpies (sp?), pushup hops across the room, etc. Spent like an hour just doing that. He'd hit us if we did stuff wrong ;.;

What do you guys do in wrestling? I regret not doing it in high school.

6. MyLittleAirport

We wrestled.

7. MyLittleAirport

8. teep

teep New Member

:rofl::rofl:

9. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

[y]WXrUzo8AnRU[/y]

You're obviously an idiot.

10. Redneck Shinobi

Coming from you that's a compliment. Come back to me after you've gone to a few of your local ones and tell me how it went. I guess they must have all been telegraphing their kicks.

11. teep

teep New Member

you're judging the whole sport on the ability of local amateurs. imagine what the world would think of MMA if all they saw were local shows.

12. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I've done a lot of local kickboxing exhibition events. They do telegraph their kicks like every other fucking amateur in the world, dickface.

Come back to me after you've gone to a few of your local events and tell me how it went.

13. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Note: you are fucking TERRIBLE at muay thai, san shou, judo and MMA. I have seen your videoes. Fucking awful.

kthxbye

14. Redneck Shinobi

I live in as close as you can get to Asian in Canada, so if this is their best amateurs then I can assume it doesn't gets much better.

I mean you can watch local judo comps/ BJJ comps and there will usually be 1 or 2 people that will stand out and be technical as hell. I guess it's more wide spread and practiced, but I've been to 4 San shou tournaments and still have yet to see 1 fight that was technical. I guess I will once I go watch Kuet gogoplata someone :hsugh:.

I wish we had local MMA, San shou is the closest we got. Actually I guess we do if I want to go to an indian reserve, but the last event they had ended in gunfire lol.

15. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I seriously doubt you've seen any real videos of me being serious. I haven't had anything posted on me that isn't older than 2 or 3 years.

Sorry broski.

Real talk:

I think the major problem with that is it isn't too terribly popular. I'm just giving you shit, because even at my Sanda school, nobody is really all that great at throwing/wrestling and tend to avoid it. I have a pretty good edge in class as I have a judo background as well. They also, for whatever reason, don't focus too much on being technical. They really flail a lot and then clinch and try for takedowns. It's kind of awkward really.

/real talk

Anyway, whatever faggot.

16. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

You have 20 videos on youtube.

17. teep

teep New Member

all the whack ass claims you make hold no water. your so called first muay thai "fight" can barely be called sparring. the guy you were playing patty cake with looked like all his experience came from a week long gym trial.

how can you even convince yourself that was a fight? it wasn't even a proper smoker.

that's real talk, imo

18. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

fucking DOT

19. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

oh hi.

20. tkluu

tkluu New Member

link to vids?

21. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

look up Sirc on Youtube before he tucks and deletes them all.

Bunch of horrible sparring/training videos..

His BJJ is fucking horrendous and his "fights" look like the shit that two noobs pull on day 2 after 4 hours of training.

22. Redneck Shinobi

:rofl:

That's seriously what I keep seeing everytime I watch them. Like my buddy who trains at Dynamic, entered one about a year ago also didn't look himself out there. I think open mats must fuck you up too especially if you train a lot up to that in a ring (I trained with him a whole week up to the tournament in a ring.). It was like he panicked and kept going for sloppy takedowns after he nailed a really nice one. The guy picks me apart in the ring and I know I suck, but watching him do that was hard to watch. :hs:

23. tkluu

tkluu New Member

is this you?

[y]z4lXJSa5AiU[/y]

24. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

And they're all about 2-3 years old.

:hsugh::hsugh::hsugh:

You guys have very skewed and bizarre ideas on how hobbyists and amateurs fight. They're all retards flailing and playing tag. (Me included).

What's a "proper smoker" do tell.

youtube.com/thesirc

have fun.

I'm not ashamed of how shitty I used to be. It's a great reminder to keep myself motivated.

It really is.

They move so flailingly and wildly and try so awkwardly to take people down and kind of flail their arms about. The only reason I posted video of that guy is he's my cousin and I was stealth bragging and needed a reason to post it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've discovered that if I just stick, move, counter, throw and not lose my fucking shit, it gets pretty damn easy.

25. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Yep. That's from I think 4 years ago.