Discussion in 'On Topic' started by minus, Mar 16, 2008.
Spanky you need one of these .
I almost bought one at the gun show today. One vendor had them for $249 and $329 with the longer barrel AND laser.
you son of a bitch
i need an eotech more than i need a p22.
GD. Where did you get one for that price? I've been keeping an eye on galleryofguns.com for that one to go on sale. Cabelas just had them on sale for $269, as I mentioned in another thread. I hope once I get one I don't have issues with them jamming up...
I have one.
If you get a newer one, I don't think you'll have too many problems. Mine's had it's quirks, but I still love the thing. Take some precautionary measures/mods before you take it out, and you'll be fine.
I've also heard that each one has it's own preference towards ammo. Mine likes Federal and PMC bulk. Dislikes Winchester bulk, and refuses to eat Remington golden bullets.
Details? With how inexpensive they and .22LR is, I'll be getting one either way. I can't stand the looks of most of the other .22's.
Off the top of my head. What I've done so far:
1. Remove that ridiculous magazine safety.
2. Remove the key lock safety.
3. Round off, smooth and polish the trigger bar disconnect ears. (careful not to take off too much or the gun will go permanent full-auto.
4. Green Loctite on the 2 screws holding the trigger mechanism together.
5. Stretch out the extractor spring a bit. (I may eventually pick up a different extractor that fits better, but for now, mine works fine. Cases are erractic in flight though.)
6. Chamfer lower sharp edge of chamber so it's mostly inline with the feed ramp. Then polish it and the feed ramp.
7. Clean and lube entire gun before use.
I dislike the guide rod and field stripping it
What mount and optic is that?
Walther mount; Walther optic. Got them from Germany. Havn't seen them here for over two years.
Holds a damned good zero. Optic is similar to a Tasco PDP3. 12 brighness settings, IIRC. Dot, depending on brightness can range from about 3-7MOA.
I owe the gun dealer $137 for my complete lower and I want to pick up a P22 they have ($300 retail there) What are the odds, do you think, of me getting both by trading in a $400 un-fired shotgun? I'm thinking I'll have to throw some cash too...maybe $50 at most. I could probably deal with that. I don't see myself using my new shotgun much, if at all, so I might as well pick up a cheap .22.
You have got to teach me the ins and outs of refinishing
That's Walther factory, too. I must say, I got the hook up on that pistol. Not sure if any of that stuff is available here.
However, THIS is my work:
I looked at a P22 but it was too small for my hands
oh hay walther crew
the dimpled grip is very uncomfortable.
I can't even feel the dimples when gripping it. ???
Mine is completely unmodified though. I prefer nearly everything i own that way. All i did is change the front sight to the Walther #2 one.