SRS I was "that guy" again....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by inferno8ball, Aug 24, 2007.

1. inferno8ball

inferno8ball 190 proof Everclear + MD Amped energy d

long story short, after a night of partying for my friends 21st birthday, i ended up making out with, who i thought at the time was just his friend, the girl he was dating.

i had known that they went out once or twice, but from the intel i gathered from asking around, they were nothing serious.

obviously his pissed at me and just told me that he has no interest in being friends with me anymore. now he wasnt a super close friend, but one of the kids i hung out with more frequently due to my situation in life right now. this is obviously going to cause group dynamic problems and all that sorta highschool headache bullshit.

nows heres my question: should i feel bad and responsible about this situation? because i dont and just feel if he doesnt want to be my friend over this then fine, im not going to beg and plea with him to stay my friend. i honestly believe that at this point in my life people are a dime a dozen and i know who my good friends are already.

just looking for a place to get that outta my mind. thanks for any input.

2. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Just from the info you provided, I would have not gone for the girl. If they were considered "nothing serious," dosnt mean that they arent seeing each other or still dating.

I guess they could be nothing serious between them, but if they were dating, he was trying to make something of it eventually. Puting yourself out there by makin out with the girl hes trying to be with, well, I might be pretty pissed myself. If you truly thought that she was just his friend, and nothing more, your not really at fault, she would be. Still, trying to get with a girl who your friend has been with would not be something I would do, causes too many issues IMO between you and your friend.

I dunno how you should feel. If they were in a honest relationship, she technically cheated on him. Your friend is using you as a person to take the blame, putting the girl before you, and not willing to put the girl at fault. Thats the impression Im getting as to whats going on. If you truly felt she was completly available, then you shouldnt feel bad.

-tubachris

3. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

she made out with one of his friends at his birthday party. Maybe she needs to get punched in the jaw.

4. rockstar b

rockstar b no OT Supporter

Yeah, he should be mad at her, not you.

5. Fotenks

Fotenks New Member

Tell him that women are fucking cunts, then double-team that slut, then after you're both done filling her body cavities with population paste, force her into the kitchen to make you guys sammiches.

6. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

She's the one to blame if they are dating. You thought there was nothing between them and that was reaffirmed by her making out with you. It's her fault for not stopping it. It could also be that they really aren't that close and your friend is just refusing to accept it. He's being a whiney bitch because instead of getting angry at her and risking losing his chance with teh wommen :noes: he's taking it out on you. Obviously he's more concerned about securing her vagina than trying to understand where you're coming from.

That said, you probably could have done a little more time to understand their relationship better before jumping in, but party+drinking+woman has a tendancy to hinder that.

7. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I don't think you were in the wrong at all.... how would you have known that they were close?

8. johan

johan Active Member

in summary,

1 The girl's a douche nozzle for making out. She knew her status. She did it anyways.
    2 The guy's also a dn for being mad at you, how were you supposed to know.
    3 You're still slightly to blame because 1) although you didn't know how serious, you did know something was up, and yes this is relevant because 2) you admit this isn't the first time you've done this. This is your pattern.

Next steps:
    1 Look into why you do this. Assuming you want to improve this trait of yours.
    2 Dont worry about the guy. He's not worried about you.
    3 Forget the girl. Chaos.

9. inferno8ball

inferno8ball 190 proof Everclear + MD Amped energy d

i like this response alot. all the others are good too and thanks for the support people.

the girl is easy to forget, there are tons of them out there.
    im pretty much over him not wanting to be my friend.

and this is a pattern. i have found that im more attracted to attached or taken women. this is the first time ive been "that guy" to a dude friend of mine. i dont know if i was so much driven by the fact that she was "taken" or if it was that i did truely have a blast with her that night and we were hanging out off and on for the better part of 6 hours. not clingy but not on other sides of the room.

thankfully school as started so i can focus on that now

10. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

if anything, he should be great full you proved that the women he was "dating" is a whore. Or was not really interested and was just using him until someone better came along.

To date someone, requires a mutual understanding. Obviously one did not exist with them two or she would not have engaged in such acts..

good luck

see you at your house to night around 9ish..

11. mg

mg OT Supporter

FOR FREE..

and :werd: with johan.

12. Way_fast_Whitey

Way_fast_Whitey Cause I Can't Stand To See You Treated Bad, I beat

Truth.

13. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

id just make sure he knows that you didnt know they were together and that you wouldnt have done it if you knew they were

other than that theres really nothing you can do about it