LGBT I was so owned tonight...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ferron, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

So I went to get margaritas and mexican food with some friends tonight and after I dropped them off, I stopped by work on my way home. I had to get the video files of our college's drag pageant and transfer them to my laptop so I could make a DVD of the event.

Of course this became a process and I ended up having to move my work computer downstairs to the video editing lab (network bandwidth issues).

My being in the building after hours was questionable, so I was a little on edge. I booted up my work computer and started the transfer, when all of a sudden I hear this voice coming from my computer. I was like WTF! There were no speakers attached and the voice just sounded like white noise and was talking about 10 PM and then there was a bunch of screaming (It was almost 10 PM at the time).

I almost died right then and there and was ready to accept the existence of killer ghosts, BUT my logic kicked and I began to investigate.

Turns out my computer has a full internal speaker (who knew???) and the sound was an ad for '24' that started up when IM logged on.

I was totally :Owned:

Turns out the speaker can even play iTunes:rofl:

CLIFFS - IM totally owned me :mamoru:

2. Moonwalker

Moonwalker fagulous

haha nice

3. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

other than the drag reference, i dont see any relevance for this thread to be in the closet. ;) kekeke. Sorry i'm just being an ass, one of those days, i've been writing my research proposal this whole weekend.

I've had that happen to me before. So don't feel bad. I'll empathize with ya :). I'd give you a grouphug smiley but cant remember what it is and too damn lazy to find it!

Hugs and kisses and all that gay shit :)

4. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

:ugh:

Hope you finished your paper :bigthumb:

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...yea, you were. I've always felt like we have a community in the closet. There are plenty of threads here that are off topic for this sub-forum, but because we are all of a similar mindset, we share them here to bypass the ignorance, ridicule, bigotry, and marginalization that said comments and threads would have in the main forum.

If Ferron had posted this thread in the main forum, he would have been bombarded with posts like, ":Owned: by your own fagottry", totally segueing the thread into a socio-political debate of Them VS Us. He didn't want that. He wanted to share a funny moment of self-ownage in a receptive environment. And it looks like he failed in that attempt...

Sorry to single you out, pum'kin, but it was really bothering some people... And I just had to address it, before moving on. I hope there's no hard feelings, tiger :wavey:

6. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i'm not gonna debate this blah blah blah i thought it was funny, and i was empathetic since its happened to me as well

7. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

:wavey:

8. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

It's funny what our mind thinks when we are alone and it's quiet.

9. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

I know what you mean by the main forum. I'm not around the closet that much, but I come here every so often when I get annoyed by the Main forum.

Closet= Home on OT. :o

I hate those damn talking ads. :squint: