I was reading the archives...opinions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by texchef, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texchef

texchef Guest

I was reading this thread:

Get Lean without dieting- http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=877549&pageNo=0

And the author lists a whole bunch of suppliments like:

Fish Oil caps- I under stand the bennefit of these

HOT-ROX
    Micronized Glutamine
    Spike
    Power Drive
    ZMA

Of the last 5 I listed do any of you guys have experience with these? Apparently the ZMA help with sleep, I think the Glutamine is faily self explainatory but HOT-ROX, Spike and Power Drive I have never heard of.

Thoughts? I'm real weary of reading recommendations about suppliments from websites like this cause most of the time I think they are trying to push their own products.

2. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i'm taking ZMA right now... it works ok, i sleep like a log

the hot-rox, spike, and power drive could be stimulants (i'm fairly sure that the hot-rox is)

3. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

Then don't read t-nation... they have some great writers/articles, just disregard pretty much everything they say about supplements (aside from "normal" stuff like multi's, fish oil, etc). They pimp their shit like it's impossible to progress without every Biotest product made. Most of their products are pretty decent, but you can get as good (or better) alternatives for cheaper. As a general rule, unless you are at a high level, most of this shit is pointless. Get a good multivitamin, some fish oil, whey, maybe creatine and bcaa's if you want. Play with other stuff if you want to, but you will progress much better by getting your diet dialed in, not by throwing more supps at the problem.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  4. texchef

texchef Guest

Can you point me in the direction of said cheaper alternatives?

5. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

many alternatives can be found at bulknutrition for a good price.

6. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1799

IMO, just get some ErgoPharm AMP if you want a fat-burner & energy pill. Hot-Rox, Spike, Power Drive can help you lose a little fat, but in reality its just a very expensive way to try and avoid doing it right. You will be much better off just sticking to the basic supplements and learning how to diet correctly. Legal supplements are just that - supplements. They will never make up for a shitty diet or a half-assed program. They will just get you that last 5% if you are already doing the basics correctly.

7. TZ

TZ Banned

where do you get your zma from, ccrooks? just curious

8. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i got it from BN... basically on a whim, didn't really expect much from it, but it was cheap so i figured i'd give it a shot

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1041

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.