GUN I was looking at this Marlin 9mm carbine

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Artyboy, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

[​IMG]

The guy wants $170 used FTF for it. Has anyone shot one? Is it pretty reliable? I was gonna go looking for a hi-point at the next gun show but this one looks a little more "sporty". I've found some info on it and the general concensus seems to be that they're not bad but I can get a brand new hi-point 9mm carbine for less than that if I'm a little patient. How do the two compare?

Pros: I can pick it up now and it's pretty damn cheap. They're supposedly not picky about the magazines that they take either.

Cons: A new high point would probably be cheaper. This one is used. The hi-point will have a lifetime warranty. This model gun is no longer produced so it probably has no warranty.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Even though its uglier between the two I'de probably go with the hipoint. Not sure which has better accuracy :dunno:

3. Artyboy

[​IMG]
    Damn just found this pic. I guess you can get 100 round drums for them.

4. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i've heard that the hi-point eats more types of ammo than that, that it's more accurate. i just sold my hi-point carbine for 100.

5. Artyboy

Yeah and you can mount better sights on the hi-point. Seriouslly, though, if I spend $100-$200 on a cheapo carbine the last thing I want to do is start going apeshit and buying addons for it.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Do what I did hold off, get an AR first, then go with 9mm upper, that way you can use all your AR accessories with it :dunno: Actually you'll just end up spending more cause it'll be easier to buy certain stuff for each upper rather then swap ask me how i know :o

7. Artyboy

I was almost tempted to go that route, too. The dude sells new bushmasters for $700. He says his price range on AKs is $250-$300 when he has them in stock but they're always gone as fast as he can bring them in. The main prob is I don't want to spend $700 on a plinker right now.