I was given a number of supplements, which ones are worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mippity, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mippity

Mippity New Member

A friend of mine who is a collegiate athlete (golfer) had his other two roomates (also athletes) move out and go to another university. They left a lot of stuff at the house, and my friend was giving away some of it. One of those things was supplements..

I lift and do cardio a few times a week, and have the goal of losing weight through getting rid of fat. I have a decent build ( like a wrestlers' ..kind of boxy) so I don't really want to put on any more size by taking this stuff.

Here is a list of what I got. I am not sure what is useful and if any of it is junk. Almost all of what I got are nearly full bottles.

-12 pounds of GNC whey protein shake powder
    -Ester C 1000 by GNC
    -Lipo 6 by Nutrex
    -Mega Men Sport Dietary Supplement by GNC
    -Ester Creatine Platinum CE2
    -Hemodilator Platinum NO2
    -Colon cleaner and Total Body purifier by Cellular Research Formula :ugh:

Thanks!!

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

most of it's worth keeping...not the colon cleaner though

3. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

4. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

what's wrong with the colon cleaner?

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

all worth taking, I guess... but not buying

6. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

it will make you poop...
    ALOT

7. Mippity

Mippity New Member

But will any of this stuff make me bigger? I was wondering because some of the things on the bottle say things like "huge increases ... gain 8 pounds in x weeks."
    I don't want really another two inches on my biceps, nor to "bulk" my midsection.

8. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

nope

9. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Man he must be a serious fucking golfer to need so much supplements.

10. Mippity

Mippity New Member

he is a pretty serious golfer, one of the best amatuers in the world ... but they weren't his, they were his old roomates (I'm not sure what sport they played).

11. knucks

knucks Active Member

don't take any of it, it will make you too big to fit into regular clothes :hs:

12. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

:rofl: almost shit myself

13. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Careful bro you don't want to become jay cutler or something.

14. Mippity

Mippity New Member

"...blah blah jay cutler."

I had to look up jay culter ... but anyways. I was asking this question seriously. I am 5'5 and between 138-145 lbs (recently on the upper-end after not being able to work out for about all of december).

I have a friend who is about my build, but maybe 15 pounds heavier and that looks sort of like tyranosaur rex .. short arms, big body. I think it looks silly.
    I'm in relatively good shape, but could really stand to lose another few inches off of fat around my waist and better develop my chest.

I had been drinking protien shakes because they closed down the community kitchen at school ... and was rarely eating meat, so other than that -- I have no experience with any of it.

And I actually already do have problems fitting into clothes already! Don't want to make it worse.

15. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Um, dude, :ugh2:

16. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

go to a tailor and have them hemmed

17. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

how much does that usually cost..there are shirts i'd buy that arent athletic cut if i could get them fitted for not too much...

18. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Yes, at 140lb you are so massive I can see why you wouldn't want to take any supplements that would instantly add 10lbs of pure muscle mass and make you look "freaky"

19. Elfling

Elfling New Member

My honest opinion? Give it to someone who watches their diet and works out regularly. You need to get all that in order before any of that (what little it will do) will even help you.

20. Mippity

Mippity New Member

I came in to ask a serious question, I don't know what all of the condescending attitude is all about.

I do, it's expensive :wtc:

I am not massive, I never said nor thought I was. Apparently you misunderstood me and decided to be a douchebag. I have a rather wide frame and am short (think collegiate wrestlers ...). What's more is there is a difference between putting on 10 pounds on muscle and a general 10 pounds on.

I do appreciate you giving an honest opinion, unlike much of the worthless things others have said.

But, I did not realize I was going to be assumed to have never been in a gym before.

1. I lift about 1-2 hours per day, 3 times a week
    2. I do between 5-8 hours of cardio per week, through basketball and kickboxing
    3. I have been doing the above without skipping a week since about april last year, with about 2 months not being able to lift or do much cardio because I was in the process of moving.
    4. The diet hasn't been that good because I didn't have a kitchen most of last year, but I have been eating healthy since I've moved.

21. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

No I was't being a douchebag, and yes you did sound like a complete newbie.

You asked which supps were worth it and the first two posts gave you the answer. But then you came out with this retarded post:

No magic pills or powders are going to give you 2 extra inches on your biceps.. that takes at least a YEAR for most people busting their ass full time. This was the post that probably brought the most flames because it is stupid and very newb-ish when people think that some wonder supplement will make them big and ripped overnight.

The protein powder is just a protein source like any other - would eating a chicken breast every day make you huge or add inches to your biceps?

Ester C is a swanky and pointless vitamin C supplement

Lipo 6 is a fat-burner, but I have no idea if it works or not. I certainly wouldn't buy it, but if it was free you might as well take it.

Mega-man is a multivitamin

Creatine is creatine - everyone knows what that does.

Haemodilator - that will be some arginine-based "pump" product which gives you a good pump in the gym. However it does nothing for muscle growth.

22. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Oh ok then; you did just give the impression somehow you didn't work out, I apologize :wavey: in that case, refer to Marix's post for explanations of the stuff.

23. Mippity

Mippity New Member

I did in fact ask what supps are worth it, but I also said I don´t want to put on any size in the first post.
    The first two people told me most of all it was worth to keep, but nobody responded whether it was something that would be useful for me (and my goals) to take.

I know that, and the size was an exageration.

I actually don´t know what the effects of creatine are. For some reason, I thought creatine was for putting on weight. What´s more, the nitro-tec bottle of protein I have brags on the front about gainging 8.4 lbs in two weeks. I´m sure it´s full of shit, but I don´t even really care to gain half a pound unless it is all muscle.

Thank you for explaining everything.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.