GUN I wanted to goto a DEMOCRAT charity event today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Oct 5, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Unfortunently I had to work today and no way I could make it.
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-liskee054919017oct05,0,7257322.story
    Long Island
    YAPHANK
    Pols protest a fundraiser at shooting range
    BY CHAU LAM
    Newsday Staff Writer

October 5, 2006

A political fundraiser on a trap-and-skeet shooting range at Southaven County Park in Yaphank scheduled for today is drawing fire from politicians and residents who fought unsuccessfully to close the facility.

They're charging that Assemb. Ginny Fields (D-Oakdale), who is holding the $75-a-person fundraiser for her campaign, is insensitive and asked her to reconsider, a request Fields rejected.

"We feel it is inappropriate for you to host an event at a location where the activity - shooting guns - causes egregious disturbance in the neighborhood and has been the cause of great controversy in our districts," Suffolk Legis. Kate Browning (WFP-Shirley) and two other politicians wrote in a letter to Fields.

Assemb. Patricia Eddington (D-Medford) and her husband, Suffolk Legis. Jack Eddington (WFP-Medford) also signed the letter, dated yesterday.

In the letter, Browning and the Eddingtons said Fields should not have held the fundraiser so soon after the death of Lt. Howard Carpluk, a New York City firefighter who led the charge to keep the range closed. Carpluk, 43, died Aug. 28 from injuries he received while battling a fire in the South Bronx."While my sympathies remain with the family, frankly, I am deeply offended that you would use the tragic death of a NYC firefighter to inflame the passions of a philosophical debate regarding the merits of the recreational use of this facility," Fields said in her letter to Browning. Residents who live near the range have said they fear lead from ammunition could contaminate nearby soil and water. Others have complained about the sporadic bursts of gunfire. In June, Browning introduced a bill to keep the range closed forever, but the bill was defeated.

Typically, political fundraisers are barred from taking place on county-owned facilities; however, parkland is an exception because it's there for the public to use, said Suffolk County attorney Christine Malafi.

I have no idea how she really stands on firearms issues but fuck these assholes protesting it. The range has been there for a long ass time these dumbfucks buy a house near then complain FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCKS YOU KNEW THE FUCKING RANGE WAS THERE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU SHOULDNT OF BOUGHT THE FUCKING HOUSE YOU FUCKING CUNTS. I hate assholes like that.

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

That's like people building a house on a golf course then complaining when their windows get broken.

3. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: etc.

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

:werd:

We have a family friend who lives on a golf course and if she sees someone's ball land in her yard or hit her house, she runs out there and grabs it before they come down the fairway to try to find it.

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Don't like the sound of gunfire? Shouldn't have bought/built a house there.

6. tiggerr77

tiggerr77 Member

Our realtor tried to show us a house that had aset of active railroad tracks across the street. Less than 100 yards from the front door. I was able to surmise that if we lived there, we might hear the train from time to time. So we didn't purchase it. It wasn't that difficult to figure out.

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

morons and sheep.

8. DaJMan

its sad to think that by you making the simplest of deductions makes you FAR more intelligent than the average person... :hs:

9. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

same damn thing happens with airports all the time.

People move close to the airport and see airplanes come in and out all the time, but when they finally get sick and tired of it, try to have the airports closed down. stupid as shit.

10. Furner

Furner New Member

i think in michigan anyways the realtor has to disclose "firing ranges" within a certain distance of the property

11. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

So whats the story behind the skeet range?

Is it trying to get range status, or are there fags that moved in and complained so much that they impeded on the range owners rights to stay there?

12. DaJMan

range is county owned... and looks like newbs to the area rallied behind a fireman to get it shut down

13. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

My uncle from AZ was telling me when he was in town he used to go to a range all the time, but some rich people built a sub division and then complained about the noise, and took the range to court. Now it sits vacant :hs:

Anyone know of a range like this in AZ?

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep, I've actually never been to this particular range the one I frequent is a couple exits further away thats better but that ones in the same boat people been trying to shut it down for several years, this ones privately owned and the owner passed away this past spring his brother is running it now but I dont know how much longer it will be around :hs: People out east fuck everything up out there, Bridgehampton got shut down many years back for the same reason assholes building houses next to the race track then complaining about the noise :madfawk: On the bright side of that one if BH was still open I'de probably only own my .40 P99 and a couple AK's all my hobby money would be spent at the track.

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

never heard of it. There are 3 or 4 ranges I know of in AZ and they're all pretty busy.