I want to wax before winter comes but...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by LocoStrange, Oct 27, 2006.

1. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

I dont want to wash my car since it will be about 35/40 degrees tmw. And I would have to go find the hoses. Right now, my car isnt too dirty but I am willing to go to a touchless car wash, if I have too.

Basically...I do want to clay my car, polish it and finally wax it before it becomes too cold.

So, basically, if my car is kinda clean right now....can I clay it without washing it. Or do you recommend me washing it really quick at a gas station or something and then go home and clay it?

Last weekend, since I was tired...I did take the car to one the best automatic car washs so it did get a very good cleaning...so although I know it is not super clean, but it is kinda close enough considered the weather has been good since then

2. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

If you don't wash it properly you will just drag dirt on it and scratch it. Wash it properly before doing anything else to it.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd try Optimum No Rinse to wash your car. Pull it in the garage and wash it there. No rinsing so very little water ends up on the floor.

I agree with n2_space, definitely wash your car before claying.

4. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

You have to wash it by hand somehow. Like the two pros above said, you can do more damage than if you don't.
    It's worth the time and pain.

5. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

it's not that bad washing in the cold

I've washed my car in weather so nice I was racing to dry it off because the water was freezing :rofl: