I want to uninstall windows xp..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BeeRock, Oct 10, 2007.

1. BeeRock

BeeRock Guest

but when the computer is booted up some kind of message pops up saying there was an error and windows needs to be shut down. Is there any way i can uninstall windows xp without actually logging in?:ugh2:

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

1. You can't uninstall Windows. You have to reformat and reinstall Windows.

2. Try to start Windows in Safe Mode by hitting the F8 key during bootup, after the memory check and before the Windows loading screen. Then, if it works try to figure out what the hell is wrong with your machine.

(my guess is it's a video driver problem)

3. BeeRock

BeeRock Guest

well i figured it out to the point where i am now trying to reinstall windows XP but the damn computer only stays on for 2 minutes at a time. what could this be?

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Startup dos, delete windows directory, pop in windows installation CD, install windows

5. deusexaethera

Are you telling me that the computer literally shuts off after a couple of minutes of being on, regardless of whether you're trying to run Windows or whether you're just sitting at the install screen?

If that's the case, your computer is either overheating or the power supply is shot.

6. BeeRock

BeeRock Guest

you hit the nail on the head, the fuckin thing gets abnormally hot.

7. deusexaethera

Clean the dust out. Preferably, take the case outside and have someone hold it open-side-down while you blast it with a can of air.