MMA I want to straighten some things out version way too long rant.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Hillary, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Anonymous email I got from the contact page on my website...I felt really bad and didn't know if I came off this way to you guys or not...sorry if I did...that's not who I am.

I absolutely know that I would get my ass kicked by a trained guy in a "real" fight. BJJ is a beautiful sport where technique can overcome strength to a certain point. I will never have a guy's strength or natural athleticism with punches, kicks, etc. Where have I ever said that I wouldn't get my ass kicked?

Yes, most males are larger. I compete in my weight division, which is middle for females but hobbit-sized for guys. I never went down a weight class or experience division so I don't know why everyone thinks that. That's the point of weight divisions, to make things fair in a SPORT. Which leads me to my next point. If one is in a street fight, self-defense, life-or-death situation fight, which I suppose is what you're calling a "real" fight, people gauge eyes, headstomp, bust kneecaps, and do whatever you can to survive. BJJ is a SPORT, a MARTIAL ART. I never said it was a real fight. But it's a lot of fun.

Why don't I post videos or pictures of losses? I want to be a world champion one day. My website isn't for narcissism, I thought the whole idea was funny. But I'd like the opportunity to compete at the world's best tournaments and I need help, I'm not made of money. Therefore I put my wins out there and try to create the image of someone that sponsors would like to represent their brand. No one wants to sponsor a loser. No one wants to bring in a loser for superfights. That's all I want, just chances to compete and get better and I have to get my name out there somehow.

Women are physically inferior. I am physically inferior to a male athlete of my weight and size. There is nothing natural or safe I can do to even the odds. It's how I was born and how I will die. Women are segregated from men in sports because we can't keep up. If this offends anyone, I'm sorry, but we are the physically weaker sex. Therefore, when a women (or in my case, girl) transcends this gender barrier and succeeds it's a big attention getter. I use my guy wins to try to set myself apart from the pack. In a world so driven by sexual attraction--a category where I fall short--I have to do something to get noticed.

I lose. With women, I've got four. I was choked unconscious, gassed and had my guard passed, swept, and armbarred ferociously by talented ladies! They all deserved it, none were controversial calls, and it happens. I'm not Rickson. The more I chase tougher competition, the more I will lose. But that doesn't concern me. I want to be a good black belt one day, not a good purple belt. I want my coaches to be proud of me.

With guys, I'm 9-8. I advertise that I'm 9-8, not that I've got nine wins. The losses are right there. I got the shit choked out of me, armbarred, triangled, etc etc. I can't remember for sure but I'm almost positive every single one of my male losses was by submission. You know why? Because I met someone of my technical ability who is more physically adapted to sports. The 9 wins were when technique prevailed.

As time goes on, I will win fewer and fewer matches against males, if any. At this point, the technique is neck and neck and strength plays a much larger role. Will I stop competing against guys? Nope, probably not. I just want mat time--I only entered those male divisions when I went a long way and got one match with girls.

Every day I train, I get beaten up. I tap, tap, and tap. White belt through black belt. I've gotten to visit and train with amazing people on the good graces of friends and wonderful people in jiu jitsu. Without them, I'd be nowhere.

I do my best to thank everyone that's helped me but apparently I've not done a good enough job. I truly, truly appreciate anyone who's been in my life and especially in my jiu jitsu career, which I hope continues to grow. Everyone I meet helps me and beats me up effortlessly. It's because of them I have a few competition wins, not because of anything I could have ever done on my own.

I'm a baby in this sport and in life, I only want to learn and grow. I'm sorry if I've appeared in any different light to anyone else.

2. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:rofl: Hillary, you do realize that guy is obviously self conscious mother fucker who would get his ass handed to him via you and it's the only thing he can do to hurt you.

3. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

wow I am not reading all that shit by you. The fact that you even wrote as much shows that this random email got to you, which is exactly what the guy wanted.

If you know its not true then why do you give a shit :ugh:? Its just an elongated OT post.

4. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Don't let that dude get to you. The fact he sent it anonymously proved he's a pussy. So fuck that dude.

5. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

:werd:

hiding behind the veil of anonymity is a good sign he's full of shit.

6. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Even if the shit he said was true (I don't think it is but just for the sake of argument) he's still a pussy for doing it anonymously. It's the fucking internet what is she going to do? Steal his megahertz?

7. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I read the email, and then just skipped down. Its obviously the deranged ramblings of a self conscious petty man. Dont let it get to you. You seem like a nice person who is genuinely devoted to the sport. Dont lose any sleep over it. Besides, I bet it was Tim anyways.

8. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

link to site again?

9. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I don't believe the hype, like I never watched Belly.

10. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

11. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

I really ought to quit drunk-emailing random people on the internets. ;)

12. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

You DO NOT need to explain anything on here. It's too bad that's an anonymous post.

13. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

You don't come across as arrogant or narcissistic to me as this guy suggests.

Kyra Gracie doesn't need high visibility because she's got a black belt and has a famous family.

You however are someone trying to make it in the sport, and are putting yourself out there to make the connections and sponsorship to do what you want to do.

He has a point in that you aren't a black belt and are still learning the sport, and are really only getting this attention because you're a girl in a male-dominated sport and community. This is something you yourself have brought up many times.

The reality is that you're going to get some negative attention just as much as the positive stuff, especially over the internets. You're dedicated to the sport and a hard worker but some ignorant people are still going to see you as an attention whore.

Most of this person's points are irrelevant and could be said about any grappler, male or female, while being ignorant of the athletic advantages an equivalent weight man has over a woman. Your wins over males are admirable and help prove the philosophy of BJJ.

You're still a young girl so don't let this kind of thing get to you.

When someone posts something like that anonymously, saying they speak for others, while trying to say how much worth their opinion is, is just the opinion of a probably insecure individual.

14. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

There is no need to reitterate what everyone else has said. Its obviosly an angry jealous man, possibly someone you have previously beatten. Don't give him/her the power to get under your skin.

15. roose

roose Guest

Better cover up, your insecurities are showing.

Lay down the gauntlet, Rogan style. Tell the guy to come roll at your gym.

16. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

You just validated his bullshit by not simply stating, "Lol look at this fuckwad's email." or something that was as concise as that.

17. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

18. roose

roose Guest

19. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

20. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

I didn't actually read all thatsince I'm in the middle of being draggedaround shopping, butsounds like someone is jelous that your more successfull against men than they are. Your fighting I'm your weightclass like everyone else.:dunno:

21. ZZex

ZZex New Member

reminds me of e-bullys, like on OT. I wouldn't be surprised if he's some poser or someone just jealous. Just brush it off

22. kroneX

kroneX New Member

The guy is probably just jealous, and sits on his computer all day looking up MMA fights, wishing he could do something like that. Then when he sees a girl getting closer to that goal than he is cause he sits on his computer all day he gets butt hurt.

23. BCIT

BCIT Guest

i wub hillary :hs: :love: :hug:

24. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

you should be ashamed of yourself for giving any sort of attention to the drivel obviously written by some hateful misogynistic faggot.

they trolled you and you swallowed that load whole.

25. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Sweet you read my email.