SRS I want to stop smoking cigarettes. kinda. :hs:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by red^star, Oct 13, 2004.

1. red^star

red^star Guest

I know how bad they are for me and I've seen my health deteriorate since I've smoked them.

Anyone finally kicked the habit in here? Did your health get better?

:hs:

I just love smoking... I know it'll give you lung cancer yada yada so I don't want to hear about that shit.

I just want to know how much better you felt once you quit :hs:

2. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

welp... can't vouch for how better it makes you feel... but my mom smokes, and i love the air now compared to what it's like in her house. i'm not sure if you smoke inside or not... :dunno:

you should want to quit because of all the other stuff, not just how it'll make you feel. :(

:( if you continue... you'll be having your first heart attack at 40... just like my mom.

... it's something to think about.

3. Imyourzero

Imyourzero OT Supporter

Yeah and my Dad who had his first heart attack at 49. He kicked them for a while after that because that incident scared him pretty bad...but he picked `em back up and I'm so worried that he'll have another one and not be so lucky the second time. :(

Plus, those things'll give you lung cancer and shit. ;)

4. cazzone

cazzone OT Supporter

I smoked for about 4 years steadily. I quit because I was tired of getting sinus infections, not being able to exercise, smelled bad and spending major dough.

Quitting was one of the best decisions that I've ever made.

5. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Smoked for 7-8 years and quit on August 7th. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't want a cigarette anymore ; because I do... but the urge goes away quickly and its not the kind of urge you get when you're still a smoker and you run out of cigarettes or something like that. I do feel better physically, and feel much better mentally knowing that I'm not destroying my health and spending money to do it. This isn't the first time Ive quit, but I hope its the last. Just quit. Thats the best advice I can give you.

6. na_supra94

na_supra94 Guest

I think it's hard the first week or so depending on how long you've smoked. I was smoking for 2 years and i quit cold turkey thats the best way. I would pretend like i was smoking a cig when i was in the car or just going somewhere. It was hard but you do notice the difference health wise but i now started smoking again but thats because i just couldn't handle the stress at work and the break up of my 6 year relationship with my fiance. But i can now stop whenever i want because i've done it before and i know that i can do it again but do i want to "NO". so i'll enjoy it for a little longer.