I want to start a lingerie company. v.halp

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Falconer, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I mean a company, like with my own line of lingerie, NOT just an online store or reseller or drop shipping company or whatever. There's a million of those and they're available on eBay, too.

I want my own line of lingerie. That would be fucking awesome because:

a) lingerie is sexy
    b) it would be fucking rad to tell chicks "I own my own lingerie company." they would want to see it and try it on and do me
    c) there's always a market for sex

So, how do I do this? Do I just need to submit designs to some company in China or something and have prototypes made? How much would this cost? And then if they look cool, have a lot made and sell them online or sell them to resellers?

2. w00tah

w00tah OT Supporter

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

cool site

4. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i told you w00tah is a spy

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

can i outsource designers? I have ideas in my head but I probably can't draw them like how fashion designers draw their sketches.

I'd like to hire some designers and then take the good specs and have some companies make prototypes or whatever.

6. levit

levit buy the ticket, take the ride.

Lots of freelance designers do stuff like that. You talk about your ideas, aspirations, etc. and they do sketches. You say yay or nay and then it continues.

Where to find them, though? No clue.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Find them on CL?

Pay them a flat fee per design with promise of future company equity if the company takes off?

What would something like that cost?

HOLY SHIT i could make it my own reality show like that shit on Bravo with all the gay designers.

I could come up with designs and then kick off someone each week who fucks up.

Anyone in the TV industry want to do this? I've got the awesomeness to be a kick ass boss on TV. Just need to find some chicks and gay guy designers and some hot models for the runway each week.

Fuck I am excited about this now.

8. projectalpha

projectalpha 二號 Stunna

My friend started one. He had the funding already. Basically he found a management firm in LA that would supervise the outsourcing, he flys to NYC and Paris to find fabrics, and has them sent to said outsourced place (currently in Vietnam). The management firm is also responsible for the quality checking, so if there are any problems, they'll fix it. So basically, my friend spends his time designing the garments, and promoting the brand. It's not a light undertaking, especially if you're working alone. Copyrighting and Patenting can be a headache. His s/s09 collection alone cost $50k. I help him out on the business, and marketing (including the photography and model selection :naughty:).

Here's a link to his site which is about to be redesigned because it's shitty **NWS obviously**:

The pics were taken in Paris.

http://simeondacumos.com

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Does your friend want a partner?

10. SHINOBIENDO

SHINOBIENDO OT Supporter

My future sister in law is a designer for alot of high end women's fashion as well as having worked for Victoria Secret. Unfortunately she is in Montreal. PM me if you still need someone to design it. She does freelance. I can give you her contact.

11. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

shelf bra is hot!