I want to make something like a meal/snack rolodex

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Diesel Fumes, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel Fumes

Diesel Fumes Guest

Lets say I want to consume 2200 calories a day. I want to make something (doesn't have to be a rolodex) where I can choose from like 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 suppers, and 3 small snack foods per day. Each meal will be roughly the same calories. The snacks will vary from day to day in order to get needed nutrients.

Is this a good idea? I think it is but im having problems making meal ideas. I want to keep it simple, but I want to leave myself options. The problem for me is if its all mental, then its never consistent. If its "by the book", it gets boring and I feel I want to break away from it.

I know I could search for meals or just use my head and think up some myself. But can anyone give me some ideas? I live on my own, work quite a bit, am pretty busy. I also want to be able to use a lot of it for premade meals. Meaning that the night before, I make my lunch for work. I work 5 on, 5 off, so I want to be able to premake some meals for my set of work days.

2. The Grid

The Grid OT Supporter

um

just compile a huge list of HEALTHY foods you want to eat then look up their nutritional info and portion them out so they give you the same macros. Just starting out you will probably have to write everything down until you memorize them.

ex- 1 cup oatmeal + 8oz chicken breast
    or 10oz yams + 1 egg + 6.5 oz tuna

3. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Choose your own daily calorie requirement?

4. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

calorieking is your friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.