GUN I want to make a MySpace post about freedom gun control etc

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jayhat, Nov 8, 2008.

1. jayhat

jayhat You have the personality of a dead moth.

I have an idea and need a little help. I would like to make a post on myspace post about Obama, his stance on gun control and out freedom etc. I want to incorporate the "UK gun ban" video etc.

Anyway I was thinking if we all worked together we could make a well written post and put on myspace etc. I don't want it to come across as being really republican/conservative and just scare people away. I want people to read it, really start thinking about it, and make them realize who they voted for.

I think at the end I would put that UK gun ban video. Also I would say soemthing about joining the NRA. Saying you dont have to be a totally conserative, hick etc (typical gun owner sterotypes) to want to protect your freedoms. The NRA is the only oranization out there spending millions of dollars every year protecting your right to own a firearm.

[y]TkS2BRoCd2I[/y]

Does that make any sense? Sorry for all these threads. I have been in a very political mood as of late.:hs:

2. jayhat

Anyone have any Obama quotes on gun control?

3. James Hook

James Hook Never trust a government that doesn't trust its ow

GCO>NRA

4. jayhat

Well I wrote this up. You guys should post it on MySpace/facbook etc.

With the end of the 2008 presidential election now upon us we have a new president, Barak Obama. Mr. Obama promotes hope and change but, his stance on the people's right to keep and bear arms is downright sickening and unconstitutional.

Read this and watch the video below.... It has happened in the UK and Australia.

--Supports a nation wide ban on concealed carry

--Supports re-instating the Assault Weapons Ban. The term Assault Weapon is quite misleading, it would make any gun that is semi automatic (fires one round every time the trigger is depressed), has a pistol grip, has a removable magazine, or a magazine with a capacity of 10 rounds or more illegal. We are NOT talking about fully automatic machine guns here…. We are talking basic AR15 type rifles. Also pistol magazines larger than 10 rounds would be illegal.

--During his first run for the Illinois Senate in 1996, Mr. Obama said on a candidate questionnaire that he supported legislation to "ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns."

--In Illinois it was illegal to use a handgun even in self defense. Lawmakers proposed legislation that would make self-defense an "affirmative defense" against prosecution for handgun possession. Mr. Obama voted four times against the measure.

--In 2005, he voted for a ban on all but the smallest rifle ammunition used for hunting (or for anything else). If the measure had passed, it would have classified most rifle ammunition beyond the low-powered .22 caliber as "armor piercing ammunition," prohibited for civilian manufacture by federal law.

--In 1999, Mr. Obama proposed increasing firearm and ammunition excise taxes by 500 percent. Right now, a rifle that a manufacturer sells for $500 carries an excise tax of $55. Under Mr. Obama's proposal, that amount would rocket to $330. It was just another way to punish gun owners.

--In 2003, while serving on the Illinois state Senate's Judiciary Committee, Mr. Obama voted for a bill that would have banned (as so-called "semi-automatic assault weapons") most single-shot and double-barreled shotguns, along with hundreds of models of rifles and handguns. If the bill had passed, any Illinois resident who possessed one of these guns 90 days after legislation went into effect, would have faced felony charges.

--He was a board member from 1994 to 2001 of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation, which is the largest source of funding for radical anti-gun groups in the country. On Mr. Obama's watch, Joyce donated $18.6 million to approximately 80 anti-gun efforts, including $1.5 million to the Violence Policy Center, the nation's most aggressive gun-prohibitionist group. Many of the Joyce Foundation's projects were aimed at editing the Second Amendment out of the Constitution.

--Mr. Obama has said he would not have nominated Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court. It was Justice Scalia who wrote the majority opinion in D.C. v. Heller, which declared that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, and that D.C.'s handgun ban is unconstitutional. Justice Thomas joined in that opinion.

Barack Obama will be the most anti-gun president in history - bar none.

There is a fatal flaw in gun control laws, CRIMINALS DO NOT FOLLOW LAWS! What makes people think they won't use a gun…the fact it's illegal? He seems to be a man who is absolutely determined to make the world safe for criminals while making sure that law-abiding citizens have no opportunity to defend themselves.

Seriously, join the NRA. You don't have to be some religious, super conservative, republican, redneck to want to keep our freedoms. The NRA is the only organization out there that spends millions of dollars every year to help pro-gun legislation and fight anti-gun legislation.

Mr. Obama thinks that banning the sale of firearms and taking away people's right to bear arms will make America a safer place. "America was founded by men who understood that the threat of domestic tyranny is as great as any threat from abroad. If we want to be worthy of their legacy, we must resist the rush toward ever-increasing state control of our society. Otherwise, our own government will become a greater threat to our freedoms than any foreign terrorist.
    " Says Sen. Ron Paul.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    --- James Madison

"Those who give up essential liberties to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
    --- Ben Franklin

"The gun control debate generally ignores the historical and philosophical underpinnings of the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment is not about hunting deer or keeping a pistol in your nightstand. It is not about protecting oneself against common criminals. It is about preventing tyranny. The Founders knew that unarmed citizens would never be able to overthrow a tyrannical government as they did. They envisioned government as a servant, not a master, of the American people. The muskets they used against the British Army were the assault rifles of that time. It is practical, rather than alarmist, to understand that unarmed citizens cannot be secure in their freedoms."

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -
    -- Abraham Lincoln

Please, do us all a favor in 2012. Think about who you are voting for and what he/she stands for. Don't vote for the "Lesser of two evils". We need some real change.

Watch this Video:

For those of you that say "It will never happen here". Watch it, it has happened in the UK and Australia. Its only a matter of time before it happens here...

[y]TkS2BRoCd2I[/y]

HERE IS THE TEXT TO PASTE IF YOU WANT:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008