I want to know all about the RSX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Instantly, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Instantly

Instantly New Member

I currently own a 2001 mustang v6 :wtc: and I was planning on keeping it just cuz buying new cars is such a damn hassle, but Im just starting to want ONE nice car I can drive all year round (as much as I hate FWD) instead of having to buy a winter beater and let my V6 mustank sit in a garage. :ugh:

so basically what I want to know is, is the RSX a good car? what's the power like? how is it in terms of roominess... I'm just getting sick of how small the stang is, the trunk space, the glove compartment/console size, etc...

I might be looking at WRX's too, but I dont want to spend too much. those are the only two cars I really like right now that aren't mustangs. :p

Feedback is greatly appreciated :bowdown: :)

2. sduquette

sduquette Guest

Personally, I would get the WRX, since there is power potential, not to mention, the AWD is nice to have. They are both nice cars, but the WRX is a little more of a performer than the RSX.

BTW, buying new cars is easy, I've bought 4 new vehicles in the last year and 1/2

3. Instantly

Instantly New Member

I have horrid credit, and owe a fortune on my v6 :hs:

Lot of people telling me to check out the WRX instead.. but there are certain things I like about the RSX better, namely the two door factor (not a big fan of 4 door cars) and I cant stand the seats theyre putting in the WRX :(

The speed/turbo/awd factor may very well win me over though. :)

4. deval

deval New Member

i have an rsx and i'm very happy with it...the car has a lot of potential if you are planning on forced induction or nitrous :)D)...i looked at a wrx and didn't care for it too much...however, i'd trade my car for an sti

so far it has been nice and reliable...i get complements on the looks all the time and it drives really well...it would be nice to have some more torque though...but a turbo down the line will do that for me

my main go fast mod is a direct port nitrous kit...plus lots of suspension work and it is very fast and handles quite well...we are expecting 12s at the track since its a pretty good amount faster than a civic my friend and i built that ran a 13.4 on 6 lbs. untuned...don't even talk about reliability on nitrous...checkout forums.clubrsx.com and you will see that people have run 80+ bottles through a stock motor and the rings are fine :big grin:

5. deval

deval New Member

whoops...i'm at work and on my friends account right now...if you want to pm me, send it to "MrBurner"

6. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

ugh...it wouldn't even let me logout with ie...had to switch over to firebird to be able to use my own account on here

7. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

my wife has the regular RSX (auto) and i have a WRX wagon. both are nice cars. the RSX definitely feels more upscale and has less body roll (though the sedan has bigger sway bars than the wagon). for stock power though, the WRX has the RSX beat hands down. i test drove the RSX Type-S and while it was a quick car, it just didn't have the punch of the WRX. plus, AWD is a ton of fun in the snow.

i would highly recommend either car.

RSX Type-S:
    +great handling
    +Honda/Acura reliability
    +upscale feel
    -so-so stock performance... torque is so low.

WRX:
    +stock performance
    +AWD
    ~looks could go either way. they've really grown on me, but i hated it in the beginning

by the by... both cars suck on the low end. RSX has so little torque and WRX has big gears. neither really pulls hard until you hit 3-4,000 RPM.

8. pisces21

pisces21 Guest

i say the wrx the awd is great especially in the winter. although at one point i did like the rsx. Both cars have potential but personally i would go with the wrx.

9. vvnguyen1981

vvnguyen1981 New Member

The Sneak...

I'm a member on www.clubrsx.com. Good place for information.

10. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

heres the deal... acura rsx = good car, point a to point b. WRX sti = good car, point a to point b to point c and back to a again, just for the hell of it, and a whole bunch of street credit. aka respect.

11. Instantly

Instantly New Member

and the mustang v6 = :ugh:

haha

not really looking for street credit, just looking for something nice, that I can drive in the winter, have a little fun with driving to work and back, is ROOMIER than the fuggin mustang, and is good for long road trips (ie. New York to Minnesota, stuff like that)

oh yeah and also having enuff power to pass on the highway is important to me :hs:
    the v6 mustang is slow, but it does what I need it to do, so I figure the RSX-S wouldnt be bad.

Im really leaning towards the RSX-S.. but we'll see when I get my tax return, I guess.
    (gunna use that as a down payment if I do end up buying something.)