I want to buy a wifi bridge. Anyone got a used one?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Valence, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

One they are not using anymore? Figured here would work better than anywhere else. Only really wanna pay about 40 bucks for a single port wireless bridge, 802.11 b is fine.
    Figured it's the solution to my Linux woes, being a total noob at linux, only able to install it and then can't get online because I don't have wireless nic drivers. With a wireless bridge, I don't need wireless nic drivers, only a nic. Linux picks up my nic just fine. :)

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

What wireless card do you have? I have yet to see one that actually doesn't work at all under Linux.

3. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

I don't know how/ or where/ to get drivers. It doesn't work out of the box (distribution) I don't wanna fuck with it. I don't know enough about it and I fucking hate shutting down, rebooting, booting into windows, then shutting down, booting into linux, like 500 times :mamoru:

4. 01000101

01000101 New Member

i wish i could just throw money at my problems rather than working them out. :rolleyes:

5. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

I know jack squat about linux. I have one computer. My wireless nic sucks anyway, look at other thread "MY wireless connection sucks"

:dunno: Two birds with one stone.

Since I don't know much about linux, I'd have to boot out of linux and into windows every time I wanted to learn to try something else. Right now I don't have the patience to do that. If I'm going to use linux I need access to the net. Or else It's useless, as I own no manuals or documentation on how to use linux and rely on the net for this material

6. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

and besides, there's multiple ways to do things. You get a flat, you have a hard time using the OEM jack, yes? When a 30 dollar floor jack from the hardware store is SO much easier to use.
    That's throwing money at car problems isn't it? :rolleyes: