I want to buy a Porsche 928

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RLich8, Sep 11, 2009.

1. RLich8

RLich8 New Member

I want to buy a Porsche 928. I've got an E46 325Ci right now, 5 speed. I like the 928 quite a bit. Dad had one when I was a kid and I think it's a bit more tame and more of a GT car than the 911. The 911 just doesn't do it for me.

I want a mid to late mode, 5 speed, silver, with black interior. How much should I expect to pay? Where should I look?

2. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

The issues is the stick shifts in the US area not common most cars are autos. a nice GTS 1994 will set you back about 30K with low miles.

3. RLich8

RLich8 New Member

I've been seeing that. And I absolutely do not want an auto. After becoming accustomed to a stick for the past 4 years with my Bimmer, I wouldn't want to go back.

My dad's was a 1980 European Spec S model, he bought it in Germany in like 1985 or something. It would be sweet to rebuy that car, but I have no idea where it's at now.

4. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

I had a 86 5spd. I loved the car and the sounds it made were just so sweet. Honestly it's a great car just they are getting old and if you intend to buy one and drive every day it's going to cost alot in up keep.

5. 2slow

2slow Member

Amen! I hope you have deep pockets.