I want to actually bulk, anything i need to know?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mitchj, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

As some of you might remember, when i started here i was 6'2' @ 140lbs. OT basically showed me what to do and how to eat, within 8 months i got up to 180lbs, and now i've climbed a few more pounds and leaned alot alot after the initial bulk. To get to that i ate 3500-4000 calories a day. But now i don't seem to be putting on any significant weight on that amount of calories.

It seems to be pretty much the go that if you don't put on weight, you don't really gain much muscle. That has seemed apparent lately.

So what do you guys who clean bulk do? I'd say maintenance for me is atleast 3000 calories. What type of ratio's and food choices do you make?

I realise there is a sticky there, but i just want to hear from people who have done it. Recent discussions with NUDES and stuff have pretty much proved that i'm wasting my time unless i get up to atleast 200 pounds :o

Few shitty pics for reference, but i really could use F&N's advice again :o

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/mitchtj/shoulders.jpg
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/mitchtj/pic3.jpg

2. lucky579

lucky579 New Member

Brown rice, as much as you can eat

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I'm in the same exact boat. I'm just eating a lot more of what I was already eating... taking out the junk food and replacing it with more of the good shit. This is basically what I'll try to go by on a daily basis.

4 whole eggs, three whites
    1 scoop whey with 1-2 cups skim milk
    2 slices whole grain toast with butter

2 cans tuna, possibly half an avocado, a cup or more of rice

chicken or more eggs + whey, whole grian corn chips w/ salsa or guac

train
    1 scoop whey 1 cup skim milk PWO

dinner consisting of some kind of meat and green vegetable

a cup+ of cottage cheese and a glass of orange juice before bed

livin large. I have no idea how many cals it is or what the macro is because my portions vary except for breakfast and meal 2, which will almost always be the same. I just know there's a shitload of protein in there, some fiber, complex carbs, and all that good shit and it tastes good.

4. lucky579

lucky579 New Member

that doesn't look more than 2500
    and simple sugars right before bed:hsugh:

5. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

A little more than maintenance on training days, a little less on off days if you want to keep it lean, or over maintenance on off days too if you want it fast.

At least 1g/lb protein, about 0.5g/lb of fat, at least 1-1.5 g/lb of carbs and then add whatever you want to get to the daily caloric goal. You could get some "clean" food to get to those macros (mainly for the micronutrients, fiber and so on) then eat whatever you want to get to your daily intake goal.

Eat a lot of those cals not long before, during or after it (about 1/4 or 1/3 of your cals would be good).

Train hard.

I think that your diet was pretty fine before, maybe focus a little bit more on the food around the workout. If you're still not satisfied, add something like 200 cals in there as well (2 cups skim milk, a small tuna/chicken/beef sandwich, etc).

6. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

eat alot of carbs.
    drink whole milk
    ????
    do work son

fyi i'm eating a big bowl of rice + 6 egg whites + 2 whole eggs + 1 tbsp of sesame oil. shit tastes broly man.

7. Mass

Mass Active Member

nooooo dont do it noooo!!!1

8. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

i suppose eating everything in sight doesn't work well... was it 40/40/20 ratio to follow during bulking?

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yeah... I also GO OUT AND DRINK SOMETIMES even if I trained that day:noes: I'm gonna die.

10. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

ur not gonna die...

just won't look as good in the mirror

mmm... found some chocolate chip cookies in the caf.

11. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

i think thats basically what i need to do. But i definitely need to put on weight :o

12. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Sure if you go higher you're going to put on weight faster. But it's probably going to be fat anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.