I want out of NexTel, but don't want in on this gen iPhone...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by skolen, Sep 17, 2007.

1. skolen

skolen Guest

Theoretically, I could get one of the free phones w/a plan from AT&T/Cingular/T-Mobile and once the iPhone comes out with what it should've I can pop that SIM into there and go to town right?

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

new iPhone won't be out for a long time.

3. skolen

skolen Guest

Judging by Apple I can guarantee there will be an updated model by January or early Spring. Once the holiday season rush is over and the European model is launched.

4. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

then come back in 6 months and ask your question then. all we can do right now is assume and guess what apple is going to do... also, who knows how long it'll take to unlock the next iphone, it took 80 days for this one...so tack on another 2 months.

a question like yours can't be answered right now and it seems like you're looking for someone to agree with you on whatever you're thinking.

5. wabash9000

wabash9000 Active Member

apple is going to update the iphone. they are releasing a version for Europe soon and all of Europe only uses 3g networks and there is an ad from somewhere over there that states that it will come in a 16gb version for 399 euro's. so something newer better becoming to us in the states.

6. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

why bother with the unlock when you can just sign onto AT&T anyways.

But if you really want out of NexTel just sign up with AT&T now, sim card swap will work for sure. Get the w300i, sony ericsson ftw.

7. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

You can? Really? :mamoru:

8. skolen

skolen Guest

Let's refer to this thread when the time comes. I'm confident.:x:

So it's not some special iPhone SIM crap? That's what I was wondering. It seems all of AT&T's plans require a 2yr contract. What the shit is that about? I haven't dealt with contract shit in like 4 years.

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you can do pay-as-you-go with at&t but its expensive as fuck. at&t blows chunks, anyway. avoid em.

10. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

get a treo 650. cheap and works great

11. ryckmonster

ryckmonster New Member

I've got an iPhone, I am doing a pay as you go 39.99 base plan +20 dollar data. The price is the same as my old sprint plan, and I get +1000% more out of it... It is really nice to be contract free in case I ever want to switch.

With iPhones as low as $299, I don't see how you could put off getting the iPhone now.