SRS I want meaning with a girl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by saalam334, Apr 28, 2005.

1. saalam334

saalam334 New Member

I'm a senior in HS and have never had a girlfriend. It's not because I can't get one, or that I am afraid of girls, its just that all the girls at my school are 'fun' to hang around with but really have no substance.

I don't want to go out with a girl just to get some, in fact I'm waiting until marriage. But I want one to talk to, one that isn't superficial, someone I can hang around with, and one who has a compassion for helping others.

My thoughts are a little jumbled, and I apologize for that but it is ridiculously hard to find a girl like how I described. I can't stand the fact that when I ask a girl out it implies I want to get in her pants, so this is the reason I don't have a girlfriend.

Maybe I just expect to much, I don't know. I find so many of these girls physically attractive but once I find out what their personalities are like it is a real turnoff for me.

As of late, I've sort of been plagued with the stiga of being 'gay' Not because I act it or anything but because of the fact that I haven't had a girlfriend. I guess people don't understand that I'm not out there to get laid.

Maybe this is just what HS is like, or is this what life is like, and I have to search until I find the diamond in the rough....

2. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

i'd recommend just giving some girls a chance or whatever and have fun ...you never know and you are young

if you still are adamant about waiting until you find someone of "substance" you might have to wait a while because I don't believe many HS schools have "substance" not due to the fact they are high school girls, but because they simply havent gone through the experiences a more mature person would have.

Either way have fun

3. maygen mo

maygen mo New Member

it's good that you have those qualities in mind when you look at a girl because so many boys are out there just to get in a girls pants. i recommend just having fun while you are in high school and don't worry about finding something serious. once you get to college you will be exposed to so many different people and backgrounds. also once you get to college the girls will have different intentions and such. good luck. don't give up or lose hope.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Your views aren't realistical. I think it comes down to that. If you would like a girl that helps out then your oviously looking for a nun, or a volenteering girl. A girl with content would be a university girl. So that would be a studying volenteering nun you are looking for in your life. :noes: Who would give up her life to be with you.

But honestly i think you are too superficial and looking on the surface too much. The more you expect from a girl the less likely that girl is to exist and or to be occupied already. Your lady (if she exists) is probably working very hard for a career and isn't really available to you.

You know if you would start dating you would discover that some girls do have more deeper going grounds , so what i am advicing you is to give it a chance. Give yourself and her a chance. You know people can't be described as a lightswitch that you can buy in the size you like and turn on and off whenever it suits you. They are more like cattle which come with certain qualities and/or disadvantages,the animals need to be given freedom to breath within certain well defined boundries.

Try to explore people by dating them, finding out what they are all about (and maby be suprised) and find the girl that is within your liking, and has the same content that you are looking for.

The higher your demands the less likely it is that you will find a girl of your liking. There are 2 things that you can do.

1. Keep up your high demands and never find a girl.
    2. Lower your standards, and get something you don't like.

:eek4:

5. Z PYRATE

Z PYRATE Guest

Find the girls taking AP classes. They are smarter and have more substance...no joke.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I don't think you're getting to know girls well enough. Pretty much everyone puts on a different face when they're out in public, but even hot cheerleader sorority types have substance...they just have to trust you enough to be willing to show you their true selves.

7. Bleed

Bleed New Member

i'm going to have to agree with the great perky set of boobs avatar person.

you need to give more time to get to know people. i had the same problem as you. i met a lot of great girls but only went on 2 dates or so because my standards were so high. my only regret is that i didnt give myself enough time to really get to know them. you'd be surprised. some of the smartest people i know did horribly in school and a girl i dated that finished college summa cum laude walked into a glass door at my apartment.....not once, but twice in the same week.

8. saalam334

saalam334 New Member

I don't know, I like a girl with self respect. The majority of the girls at my school flaunt themselves around and generally act slutty, I personally can't stand this. I don't think my standards are too high to tell you the truth. If I was judging girls based soley on their looks then yes but when a girl acts slutty and is 'easy' its not the type I want to be with. Unfortunately, the schools are full of them...

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

That's highschool for ya. They will mature quite a bit their first year of college

10. johan

johan Active Member

"when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child
    but when I became a man, I put away childish things"

Give it time. A lot of girls reinvent themselves when they hit university.

The cute highschool cheerleader with great legs and boobs discovers political science and lets go the old mask of 'ditzy blonde' and discovers a depth that maybe even she didn't know she had.

But nice legs and boobs never hurt anyone... (Enjoy university)

11. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Wait for college bud, you'll be fine.