i want a razor, but i'm in a contract with a v220

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hott-nix, Feb 15, 2006.

1. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

like the title says, i currently have 2 years left with my motorola v220 through rogers wireless. my wife and i both use the same phone, got them with the couples and family plan. my wife loves her phone, but i hate mine. i get piss poor reception in the places i usually use it and it's too bulky to keep in my pocket. if i upgrade to a razor, i have to renew my contract, and i dont want to be stuck with rogers any longer than i have to.

i like the razor. and the size difference is a big bonus for me.

if i buy an unlocked razor, say ebay or another means, can i just put my sim card in and use the razor without any bullshit? will it still use my current number and function like it was my phone in the first place?
    since i'm still under contract with my v220, will rogers freak on me if i do the ol switcharoo? will they even be able to tell if i use a different phone if i keep the same sim card?

i'm not completly cell phone retarted, but i dont know much other than how to use it :p

2. wannaseemysocks

wannaseemysocks I Have Big Socks...

what carrier are you with? if they use sim cards then just put your card into any unlocked phone. and then voila!!! you have a new phone with no contract.

3. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

it's through Rogers Wireless

4. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

yep, everything will be exactly the same. Same number and everything. The sim card holds all of that information, not the phone. And no Rogers won't care, most cell phone places will even unlock phones for you.

5. themadpaki

themadpaki There is no money. OT Supporter

it should be somewhere under the door where the battery is, & it is about .25 x .5 inches

you should not have to break anything to get it out. it should slide out/or a moveable door will alow it out