I want a ps3 but.....

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by houz, Oct 31, 2009.

1. houz

houz New Member

With mw2 coming out i've always played mw1 on 360(which I no longer have) how does mw2 play with the ps3 controller, I feel like fps's would suck with that controllers analog setup

2. Skyline22GTR

Skyline22GTR OT Supporter

its not terrible with ps3 controllers but much better on the 360 and even better on PC

PC >>>>>>>> X360 > PS3

You will get used to it and probably won't be an issue a few days after release. The sticks on the PS3 are more loose, I guess is how i would describe it.

3. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

i notice no difference between the 2 controllers. i can switch between both and do just as well.

4. houz

houz New Member

I haven't had a console for a while now, so I haven't been in the loop. Should I go with 360 elite, or ps3? And if so what are the top 3 must have games when I get one of them this wknd?

5. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

6. houz

houz New Member

I feel like you'd have to reach your thumb across the controller to the stick. This probably sounds like a picky reason to not want a console but mw2 will be my main game, and I use to play competitively on 360, so I hope I can play the same on a ps3

7. CodeX

CodeX Guest

All consoles controllers are retarded. They are terrible for racing games, they are terrible for first person shooters, they aren't even that good for platformers like ratchet and clank. I don't know how you guys can stand to play stuff like that without a mouse/keyboard.

Not much has changed in controller design since the SNES/Genesis days... those control schemes were excellent for the 2D side scrollers of the time, they are downright retarded for moving and looking around in 3 dimensions.

8. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

someone isnt good with a controller it appears.... :hsugh:

9. CodeX

CodeX Guest

eighth of an inch range of motion on the analog sticks does not allow precise control no matter how much denial you are in, I'll take a mouse thanks.

I don't even have to prove or defend this... console versions of games have aim-lock and other forms of aim helpers (such as much larger hit boxes on enemies) because the sticks fucking suck for it, PC games do not have these cheats built into them because a mouse gives you a thousand times more precision in control.

10. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

im not in denial at all, was a pc gamer well before console gamer. just the way you word everything its like the controller is impossible to use and you cant do anything with it. its very easy to use and very easy to be good with it. i can use both without a single problem. you dont see me crying about mouse and keyboard all the time though atleast.

11. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Because the games cheat for you, so you don't have to be accurate at all really.

12. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

dont know what games you are playing or have seen played, but i dont know of any games that cheat for you. i know you are trying to get at aim assist, but any one with common sense knows that is the first thing people turn off cause it fucks up aim more than it helps and 2nd, it doesnt work online in any game. so yeah. not a big deal

13. Robo

Robo New Member

I'm getting MW2 for 360 to play with my console-only friends/coworkers, and REALLY not looking forward to playing with a controller again after playing MW1 for so long with a mouse&keyboard.
    If they didn't take out dedicated servers I probably would have gone with PC anyway.

You really can not physically aim as quickly and precisely as easily with a joystick as you can with a good mouse. And that lack of precision changes the feel of the game and the way people play it.
    It makes the game more difficult and slightly more realistic when everyone has razor-sharp control over their character. It ends up being more about reaction time and in some (rare) cases strategy rather than fighting to control your character quickly and precisely enough first.

Granted, the game sort of makes up for it by not necessarily requiring all that much precision, and its a level playing field since everyone else is using a controller too, burst firing, run&gunning, and spray&praying just as much as you may be...its just not my preference. And I've played more than my fair share of console shooters. I'm actually pretty damned good with a controller.

More on the topic of this thread, I just got a PS3 a few months ago. Honestly I wouldn't get a multiplatform FPS on it because I don't like the relative looseness of the sticks. I like the POSITION of the sticks better, but after playing 360 games for so long, that looseness is hard to get used to again (the PS2's controller was similar). BUT, it can be done, and you'll be playing with/against a lot of people online dealing with the same thing on their shiny new PS3 Slims.

14. 3dfx!

3dfx! New Member

I've played both. I like the PS3 controller better because I hate the gem-like buttons on the 360.

15. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

So what do you do on 360 controller? Not use the right stick cause its too far across the controller? PS3's layout actually makes more sense to me, with both sticks in the same place.

16. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

Seriously.

360 users always bitch and moan about the placement of the left analog stick for FPS games.

GUESS WHAT JACKASSES, YOU NEED TO BE MORE PRECISE WITH THE AIMING STICK, WHICH IS IN THE "WRONG" POSITION.

17. MmmmBeeeeer

MmmmBeeeeer New Member

I like both controllers, but its an obvious choice. Lots of screaming 15 year olds? Or not so many screaming 15 year olds?

18. 3dfx!

3dfx! New Member

I own a headset and never use it. I mute everyone all the time since they annoy the fuck out of me.

19. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

judging by your av, i would say lots of screaming 15 year olds is your thing

20. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

ps3 controller is far superior, i can aim at individual eyes easily

21. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

how about just plug a keyboard and mouse into the PS3 and play it that way???

22. slowbird

slowbird I am the son, and the heir, of a shyness that is c OT Supporter

holy fucking trolling batman :hsugh:

23. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

Maybe he only wants to be a partial dork and not a total dork?

24. slowbird

slowbird I am the son, and the heir, of a shyness that is c OT Supporter

i dunno about the right stick for ps2/3 because i never used it for FPS games, just racing games. at least the left stick on 360 is in a good place for racing games, the dualshock style controller makes my fucking thumb hurt after a little while.

25. MmmmBeeeeer

MmmmBeeeeer New Member

:ugh: