SRS I want a girlfriend real bad but i think i might be too picky?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Scoiland, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

I want a girlfriend i haven't had one for almost 2 years... it will be 2 years in march

i have had sex in that time about 6 times but i want a girlfriend... i have been looking but my standards may be too high .... i like cute girls not girls that are bar sluts or dress like trash and the only place i go to pick up girls is the bar which is kind of remote

what should i do ???

2. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

chance encounters work best. sometimes a chance encounter is all you need. you could try dating services? or go through friends. but usually when you least expect it, you find one

3. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

ya but i shouldn't just be sitting around hoping to fall ass backwards into one should i ?

4. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

probably not. i guess my point was that the girl of your dreams might be around the corner, but you'll never know till it happens.

i agree with you that looking for a girl in a bar, since you dont want a bar girl, isnt gonna work. try and find girls doing activities you like. sometimes just stopping and looking at the people around you while your doing something you enjoy, sports or hobbies, might lead you to a girl you end up being with. more than anything you have a great chance at striking it up with a girl who has similar interests to you. if your ready to find a girl, you will. i always like being set up through friends, cause then you meet more and more friends and have more and more of a selection.

i found my woman at a friends party. i wasnt going to go but my friend just got bad news so i decided it would cheer him up, then a girl i knew cancelled on me so i ended up going without a date. then i see my now fiancee sitting there with my other friend. turns out she got in a fight with her date after her prom and out of nowhere one of my other friends invited her to the party since she no longer was going down the shore like was planned. i introduced myself and the rest is history, but it took all these things to go wrong and happen to bring us together. ironically she used to work where i played hockey and went to the same places i went and hung out with people i knew, i always just missed her by a few minutes. freaky shit.

5. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

well what you are describing there is fate... what about the people that fate doesn't work for ... like my uncle for instance ... the same as me same humour and not a bad looking guy but he never got married and i can tell he is depressed ...... what about people like that that fate never happens for ....

i think fate is total bullshyt and you have to make your own fate .... as for sports and hobbies i don't really have any right now ... all i do is go to schoool .... i snowboard on the weekends right now but that is it ... i don't have any hobbies what so ever ..... i golf in the summer and play pingpong right now but what are hobbies that you can meet girls at ... or people for as matter of fact ?

6. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

there are forums for everything. check out a snowboarding forum, maybe there is a girl on there you could meet at a mountain and carve with.

there are alot of online dating services, a guy i work with used them and got alot of dates but he still gets alot of women at bars too. i guess he is in the same boat as you. he goes to the same supermarket for lunch everyday and theres one girl that works there that he started talking to, now they are going out on a date. thats a good example of just examining your surroundings. somewhere you go alot.

seeing a hot girl in a movie theatre line and inviting them out after the movie hsa worked too. you just gotta give it a shot. go out and do whatever it is you do and when a girl catches your eye let her know. youd be surprised.

7. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

ya i guess so ... but that comes down once again to my standards... i rarely see a girl that i am interested in that is alone or with her friend

it seems all the girls that i am interested in are with a guy or dating someone

8. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

the good ones are usually taken.....................

unfortunitly there is no magical cave full of hot single women to direct you too. all i can say is try and keep yourself in populated areas like gyms, parks, malls, stores, and keep your eye out. or like i said, check out an online dating service, they give you a pic so you can find a girl that catches your eye, shes obviously not with anyone, and your both looking for the same thing, a date.

9. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

what are some good ones for canada ?

10. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

11. MoP

MoP New Member

12. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

13. Coconut Endo

Coconut Endo OT Supporter

Forget the bars... try book stores, grocery stores, sporting events, etc. Even better, try to find one while doing an activity you already enjoy doing.

14. deloresdelrio

deloresdelrio New Member

grocery store. It's classic

15. MoP

MoP New Member

thats more for older people...hes only 20

16. Coconut Endo

Coconut Endo OT Supporter

:uh: People (even girls) that don't live with their parents... actually shop for food themselves! :eek5:

17. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

:hsugh: