I WANT A BIKE

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rsxratedr, Oct 17, 2008.

1. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

Im wiling to start small and work my way up and get my license through MSF and all that. But does anyone live in a housing complex or apartments where u dont have a gated parking lot to protect ur baby? I live in a housing project and the parking is public, im not sure if anyone is gonna mess with it or knock it down. Does it depend on the type of people around the area? or something else? i just want a kawa ninja 250..Hope you guys can help

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

a garage is ideal.. without one, you will probably have to worry about any japanese bike, it sucks.

i've heard people that put bmw bike covers over their bike since most thieves want parts from jap bikes.. possibly invest in an alarm.

:dunno:

kudos to starting small and taking msf

3. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

yah i wish i had my own driveway/garage but since me and the fam aret moving soon i dont wanna delay my bike exp ill defenetly get a alarm and lo jack if those work, but the cover? i mean if they were to jack me they would check my bike out and know its not a bmw...any other ideas?

4. 7960

7960 New Member

does anyone else in the complex have a bike?

what do they do?

5. squid

squid braap

I got the landlord to give me a corner spot in the back that had a support beam in it. I parked there and it was pretty much invisible from the street, and I could chain the bike to the beam if I wanted (but I didn't because nobody steals a Triumph)

6. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

I cover it. You can also put sensors on it, so if anyone besides you removes the cover, it sets an alarm off.

7. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

You can do like I'm going to do if I live off campus next year...convert a mini bike to be street legal and keep it inside.

My buddies keep their dirtbikes in their bedrooms. :rofl:

8. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

are you on the ground floor? If so, park it in your yard or patio

9. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

I see one or two but those are the tough guys in the neighborhood so i dont think ppl will mess with their bikes

This sounds like a good idea is it really effective?. Like is it a cover cover that covers the whole bike or what do u mean?

My housing complex has like a row for the parking only at the front and its puiblic for everyone in the area to park my entrance door is on the opposite side but there is a window i can look out at.. The people usually park in the front of their door but i still dont know if they will mess with it. And there is no landlord its like housing section 8 thingy for low income so maybe its own by the city or something

10. mtnbikekid08

Yes a cover. They sell them at your local motorcycle shop, and it simply hides the motorcycle from view. And if anyone wants to take a closer look by removing the cover, boom alarm goes off.
    Maybe have a motion sensor too, in case someone just tries taking the bike without even removing the cover

11. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

uhmmm this is making me reconsider it, hmm what do you guys think i should do?

12. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

Your particular situation doesn't make for the safest of environments for a motorcycle. Alarms, covers, chains, etc. are just going to slow someone down if they want to steal the bike they will it just depends on how much for they want to fight for it. If someone sees an older kawi 250 with some chains running through the wheels and rotors locked to a whatever with a cover on it and an alarm blaring chances are they will move on.

13. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

im willing to go that extra mile if it deters those thieves. Because i really wana start riding and it doesnt seem like im moving anytime soon, so maybe i ll enroll in MSF and like do any of you guys know a used bike site? Cycletrader wasnt good enough

14. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

ebay
    craigslist.org
    yard sale here
    any bike board will have a for sale section

15. mtnbikekid08

Drill holes in cement, put thick-ass steel hoops in ground. Chain the wheels to ground with fucking giant chains. Laugh as the try to take the bike.

16. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

When i lived in an apartment
    I had a bike cover
    a big ass chain wrapped around a post
    and i parked my car right in front of it

17. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

hahah im not that fortunate i think i would just have to do the cover alaram and the motion sensor thingy or ya i can do the post thing because there are these hanger thingys where u can hang clothes to dry them off maybe i can do that
    i gotta ask the office place if thats legal in the area