I wanna rip the Bose Hose out of my car, gimme speaker suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Section8, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Section8

Section8 .

I'm keeping the stock head unit for now, but I want to pull the Bose door speakers and the bullshit hose "subwoofer" from the rear, and just put 2 really good 3 way speakers in the doors.

Any suggestions?

2. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

Won't work, i do believe bose systems run at 1ohm so unless you have 1ohm speakers i don't think you will get much sound out of them at all (at least in a maxima you need to get a new HU) if you run normal speakers you get like 5-10 watts or something

3. On_One

On_One Guest

Some of the bose systems have small amps at each speaker. He'll need to pull those and install an after market amplifier for it to work. Otherwise as you said output will be very weak.

4. Section8

Section8 .

Thanks guys, I did some research on the stock head unit and you're right, it's designed to support the 1 ohm drivers in the bose speakers, so I'm gonna replace the head unit first. I'm looking at the Nakamichi CD400 right now.

5. On_One

On_One Guest

You'll have to replace the HU and the loudspeakers. No way in hell can you run that HU amp @ 1ohm.

6. Dr.JuliusHibbard

Dr.JuliusHibbard New Member

What car is it in? The Blose systems avry from car to car. In MOST cases it is easiest to rip it out and start from scratch. If you REALLY wnat to keep it you can do all new speakers and a new p off the Bse unit with either an amp that has a kickass input section or a GOOD line out converter.