Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Kira Yamato, Aug 23, 2009.
any links anyone can give me to learn?
but really, both are really easy and there is tons of info on the web
http://360mods.net -For 360
idk about Wii
gonna go buy a Arcade right now lol, my brother in law is skeptic so he doesnt want me fooling with his arcade
scratching mah ballz yo
No prob.... all I've managed to do with that is play emulators. Anyone know how to get it so I can play DVD-R backups on the Wii?
Might not wanna pick up the new arcade, unless you're willing to buy the key extractor online(Peripheral, not that bullshit key decryption) ? I think all new arcades are lite-ons.
lol i bought a jasper arcade and had it modded the same day
the guy got to open the box
anyways, i think xbox360iso.com is an okay place
Do yourself a favor and get the Drive Key for your Wii. 100% solderless and compatible with all Wiis. The new ones have black epoxy where a soldered mod would go. Soft mod isn't good IMO, games don't run at full speed and this causes some funny things to happen in certain games.
Just finished modding a box for the first time tonight. Here are all of the most important links I bookmarked:
- Hardware that allows you to power your DVD Drive outside of the 360 console (not absolutely necessary, but it will make things a bit easier. and the older Connectivity Kit 2 would probably work just as well and it's much cheaper): http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16571&cat=284&page=1
- SATA PCI card required to connect the DVD Drive to your PC: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350236643836&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
- LiteOn DVD Drive hacked firmware: http://www.ixtreme.net/downloads/ixtreme-firmware-t167.html
- The program used to 'flash' your DVD drive, allowing it to play back-up games: http://www.jungleflasher.net/downloads.html (Be sure to download the LiteOn 83850c Guide from this page as well as the main JungleFlasher tutorial!!)
- Instructions on how to make sure 360 images are correctly patched: http://abgx360download.com/#configure
- Instructions on how to burn 360 image files: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_iso_to_dvdr_dl_with_imgburn.cfm
Also, make sure you check the JungleFlasher tutorial appendix in order to correctly configure the SATA pci card driver. And you will also need to install PortIO (comes with the JungleFlasher download) on your PC as well as microsoft .net framwork 3.5 SP1 (http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe)
And finally, here is a site that has all the necessary software/drives needed, including the SATA pci card driver.
If I were you, I'd start your journey by reading the JungleFlasher tutorials.
WOW thanks dude
Just did my Wii and installed Homebrew channel plus all SNES and NES ROMs (to start)...shits fucking tits. Go here for everything: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page
thinking of getting drive key, assclown says homebrew is slow
I've heard burned games run fine just with soft mod But I also haven't seen any conflicting info till now really. Maybe someone should check fo sho, first-hand style?
Not for me
I played zelda, mario kart, trauma center and resident evil 4 with my softmodded wii at 100% using this guide - works with all firmwares.
The best thing too, I fucked up all the other guides before coming to this one and it still worked
You just have to register an account if you want to download the files from that thread.
This is exactly what I've been looking for, I will give it a try & report back with results
Best way to mod a Wii is to toss the shit out the window.
Just remember to delete your homebrew channels just in case.