I vote microsoft takes some notes from apple...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RyanL, Jun 10, 2005.

1. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

Seriously if any of you have used Mac OS 9 and less you know that it was just a flat out shitty OS. File coruption was the most reliable part of it. So what do they do? They take a great OS that has the problems linux does with too many options and crappy gui and slap an easy to use pretty looking top on it. All the mac users loved it and everyone was happy. They even implemented a way to use almost all the old software.

I used to be hmm not anti mac but I definantly gave them crap. But after using 10.3 for a while I have to admit they definantly did a lot of things right.

My vote is microsoft just scrap longhorn and do the same thing with linux. They would have an uber secure OS that was way less buggy. Im sure they could dump some time and energy into making it look the about the same that lornhorn would have and even go as far as working with the Wine people to make their old software work.

Alas I fear this is never going to happen seeing as Microsoft is the juggernut that they are and have too much invested into win2000+ with vbs and directx but hey one can wish right?

P.S. I'm not saying linux is great and wind0ze sucks or anything like that, just mearly a what if...

2. beave

beave Housin Beers & Buildin Dams

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Windows has to work on the strangest systems possible with the most untechincal users in the world.

They could gain security, but they would have constant problems when stupid people get ahold of it. Things are bad enough now.

They marketed to the lowest common denominator and now they are paying for it...or rather, we are paying them for it.

Either, we won't see a linux based kernel from MS anytime soon.

4. Icedog

Icedog New Member

I use to love windows then I tried out linux just for fun. I loved it but I longed for something more. Then I was reintroduced to Macintosh (I left around '95). Let me tell you, I love OS X and can't go back to Windows or even Linux. All the systems have their own strengths and weaknesses though. I guess it all depends on what you want out of a computer.