GUN I visited AIM surplus today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copperhead035, Nov 11, 2005.

1. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

Picked up a Yugo built Mauser M48

[​IMG]

My buddy bought a Swiss K31, a few weeks ago he left there with a Mosin Nagant.

I must say, I'm happy with this place. Their prices are dirt cheap. It's nice that if you live in Ohio (like I do :naughty: ) you can do local pick up. All they have for walk-ins is a small waiting room, so it sucks when a lot of people are there. I also planned on picking up an SKS, but they were sold out, said they would have some next week, oh well. I'm happy so far with the Mauser, but it's going to take a while to get it cleaned up properly, its smothered in cosmoline.

I would never have heard of them if it wasn't for this forum, thanks guys!

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

A can or two of brake parts cleaner and you'll blow that cosmoline off in no time. Soak the bolt and small parts in a cup of paint thinner and hit it with a toothbrush, you'll be done in an hour. :)

3. soccaian

soccaian New Member

could just leave it in the sun for a while.... bake it in the oven, or just shoot the shit out of it until all the cosmo melts out :dunno:

4. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

Eh, the bolt definately needs hand cleaned, it's not too smooth and the part that ejects the shells isn't working too well. I'm also thinking about shining up the bolt with some super fine steel wool. We'll see, I have to work tonight, but I should have some free time this weekend.

5. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

thats what my lazy ass usually does :mamoru: